Ben A'an HDR

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Another shot of a local hill.

Ben%20AanTP_zpsjcrhapym.jpg

It's nice to see HDR back into the realms of reality, and not the psychedelic monsters that appear from time to time. Nice work Andy! I like the twin peaks in the background they seem to strike a nice balance with the small peak in the foreground (left). Nice clouds too. I think the foreground might be the tiniest bit light but that's to taste and subjective.
I like it(y)

:agree:

HDR is a very useful tool but has to be convincing and this one is a very good example. (y)

It's nice to see HDR back into the realms of reality, and not the psychedelic monsters that appear from time to time. Nice work Andy! I like the twin peaks in the background they seem to strike a nice balance with the small peak in the foreground (left). Nice clouds too. I think the foreground might be the tiniest bit light but that's to taste and subjective.
I like it(y)

:agree: great bit of work Andy.(y)

George.

Cheers guys, I tentatively posted this knowing how HDR is sometimes viewed.

@69Bonni - You could be correct about the foreground, it was already brighter so that shot has a software grad pulled up from the lower half to try and control it, maybe just missed it by a .05stop or so :)

Cheers guys, I tentatively posted this knowing how HDR is sometimes viewed.

@69Bonni - You could be correct about the foreground, it was already brighter so that shot has a software grad pulled up from the lower half to try and control it, maybe just missed it by a .05stop or so :)
Hi Andy, when I updated my Lightroom and they added HDR merge I had a little play out of curiosity. I did find that the file it produced was slightly lighter that I had expected which of course isn't a problem because you can pull up a grad as you have. I tried a few more shots purely out of interest and it seems to be quite consistent. Nothing to worry about of course as it does a nice job of the HDR merging.
Nice work Andy(y)

The view is certainly great and well worth climbing up for.

Processing leaves me wanting a little bit as there is some non-natural pink in the sky (could be a filter cast?) and and it is a tad blown out around the sun. Supposedly you have nice 2 or 3 exposures that contain all the details you need. Just process them {without any HDR} identically, carefully match up exposures and blend them together manually using the best of each.

I'm not convinced with the composition to be honest as there's too much empty and uninteresting foreground. The processing is too harsh with very odd colours in the sky especially

Love this! Always hated when something was 'HDR', expecting to see horrifically unrealistic and poorly composed images. Hopefully that fad is over

Back