B&W Ben Loyal

Martin, when they say "DOUBLE EXPOSURE"
they don't mean one up side down! :)

:)

Nice. I suspect since Ian Camerons winning image a lot of people will have Ben Loyal in their sights.

Mercifully yours is so different in style and execution that it bares no resemblance at all. That's a good thing. I fully expect a lot of samey images from up there from fill trying to ape a competition winning image.

It's a great b&w and the simple composition, framing with the dark sky work perfectly. I'd love to see the colour for reference but suspect this b&w is where it's at.

Thanks @ST4 Steve, I took a quick look at the colour image and decided I didn't like it at all....it was drab conditions anyhow, and was almost mono in itself...it's also a 10 shot pano which I forgot to mention, and you can see the raindrops in the lochan in the large image lol

@AJR SIMPSON Same trip Andrew, although i'll no doubt be back again soon.

Reactions: ST4
The biggest compliment I can pay it is that it doesn't looked stitched and doesn't have that tell tale V shape panos tend to take on. Its a good image, on closer inspection I can see the reflection isn't perfect (probably due to the rain drops) and again that is no bad thing.

Thanks @Stuart Mc There's something about Scotland that I just 'get'. My home country, my heart lies there and therefore I love the place, and I certainly produce my best work whilst there, so I guess loving your surroundings (as well as knowing the place and the way the conditions constantly change) helps! :)

Thanks again Steve :)

Reactions: ST4
Thanks @Stuart Mc There's something about Scotland that I just 'get'. My home country, my heart lies there and therefore I love the place, and I certainly produce my best work whilst there, so I guess loving your surroundings (as well as knowing the place and the way the conditions constantly change) helps! :)

Thanks again Steve :)
Yeah I can relate to that, similar conditions in the lakes with the high fells. I've not long started this lark but I've been promised by the in-laws a trip up to Glencoe soon so looking forward to taking in some of the spots you've covered so well.

Back