weekly Bernd's 52 in 2017 - week 26: Face

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
Here we go again... after being too ambitious last year (I said I would try to shoot every photo in the correct week) I'm more cautious this time. I will aim to have fewer and shorter catchup periods.

Let the fun begin.

You, sir, inspire me!

Hi Bernd. Good theme song. I like the hustling & bustling and the reflections of the buildings opposite which give a sense of the locale.

Guessed the song straight away (y) although if there had been a gun in there that might have confused things! Fascinating that no-one is looking at the camera. I like that you've included the people and cropped the logo so we get more of what's going on.

Thank you all for your comments!

I know this one Bernd, it's "Down in the Tube Station at Midnight" isn't it? ;)
Brixton is evidently coming up in the world, when I used to go to the academy, not sure I'd have wanted to get an expensive DSLR (well SLR in those days) out in the high street. I seem to recall that the staff at the KFC were behind bullet proof glass too.
Crit... Well, I may have tried to centralise the station more, the building on the right doesn't add much (but maybe you were trying not to crop through the middle of the chap on the right).

Brixton is evidently coming up in the world, when I used to go to the academy, not sure I'd have wanted to get an expensive DSLR (well SLR in those days) out in the high street. I seem to recall that the staff at the KFC were behind bullet proof glass too.
Haha, Brixton is seriously gentrifying since they got a Foxton's if not before.

Crit... Well, I may have tried to centralise the station more, the building on the right doesn't add much (but maybe you were trying not to crop through the middle of the chap on the right).
Thank you Tim! Fair point, I've taken a couple of shots on front of the tube station but I didn't want to loiter for too long. I thought I'd rather sacrifice the symmetry than cutting through the middle of people in the front...

Love this shot, lots going on with the people, the reflection and that well placed entrance to the escalator. And great song title too.

Nice idea, I think with the underground sign it should be bang central and parallel to you giving symmetry to the building with the random hustle and bustle of the crowd.

Thank you for your comments!

Evening, Order #1, belter, the armed officers seem to be sneering at the uniformed officer, and I'm sure they were not.

Really well captured and joint 1st best submission.

Cheers.

Cant fault either of them they both work very well for the theme both well thought out and captured

Nicely captured on both images. I prefer the second one as for me there`s more going on.

Prefer the subway shot, it draws the eye through it to the bottom of the escalator. Reminds me of An American Werewolf in London.

Two good shots Bernd. I prefer the candid of the policemen with their alert expressions and those strong verticals of the railings is quite dramatic.

Back