weekly Bernd's 52 in 2018 - week 21/22: hard/creatures

Like it Bernd .... good & sharp, minimal BG ..... and POV - looking down on top half of the bottle. (y)

A quick catch-up from me as I've just got my thread up to date again, and you've posted some strong images since my last visit.

Sharp - dark and menacing, simple but very effective lighting, and the inclusion of the hand balances the blade nicely and adds drama.
Guard - I don't normally care for selective colour but this does work well, especially to isolate the guard's bright uniform from the crowd around him. Good subject and processing (y)
Thick - now that looks tasty, and the way the straw stands up in the liquid underlines how thick it is. Good choice to look down into the bottle so we can see some of the contents, too.

Very good 'Thick' entry Bernd. As others have said, I like the fact that you can see the thickness of the smoothie. Good composition too
Thank you Ian!

"Guard" & "Thick" shots both work for me Sir, particularly liking your interpretation with the guard shot.(y)
Thanks George!

Hi Bernd, oh dear so far behind on commenting again, will have to try harder as its taking too long to get round to everyone!

Over - Good idea and I like the letterbox style and the B&W but for some reason I find the lamppost quite annoying :cautious:
Age - After reading a few comments I realised this was cheese but I actually thought it was melting ice, so was thinking ice age :D So have to say its abstract :naughty:
Sharp - excellent, love the light just hitting the edge of the blade
Guard - I think just picking the guard out in red works very well. He could easily have got a little lost among the other people
Thick - Lovely colours and composition. You have made a very simple looking image but I'm sure it wasn't simple to do, very clever

:D
Thank you Georgina!

Thick, a good shot that is on theme, good to keep the straw in sharp focus as it shows the smoothie is thick.
Cheers Dave!

Thick - a simple but yet effective shot for the theme, good clean BG, could also work as a nice product shot, well done.
Thanks Mandy!

Like it Bernd .... good & sharp, minimal BG ..... and POV - looking down on top half of the bottle. (y)
Thank you David!

A quick catch-up from me as I've just got my thread up to date again, and you've posted some strong images since my last visit.

Sharp - dark and menacing, simple but very effective lighting, and the inclusion of the hand balances the blade nicely and adds drama.
Guard - I don't normally care for selective colour but this does work well, especially to isolate the guard's bright uniform from the crowd around him. Good subject and processing (y)
Thick - now that looks tasty, and the way the straw stands up in the liquid underlines how thick it is. Good choice to look down into the bottle so we can see some of the contents, too.
Thank you Andrea!

I know there have been several sweets related posts for the previous week's theme already, but can you ever have too many sweets (or photos thereof)?

week 9: abundance

week 9: abundance
by Bernd, on Flickr

Great entry for heavy. Nicely on theme. What an amazing statue that is

Abundance - indeed you can't have to many sweets ( even tho they are bad for us ). Not so keen on the composition, but i do like the variety of sweets and the colours.
Heavy - thats a great find for your theme Bernd and the quality of the image is superb when looked at on Flickr, and definitely fits the theme.

Abundance - indeed you can't have to many sweets ( even tho they are bad for us ). Not so keen on the composition, but i do like the variety of sweets and the colours.
Heavy - thats a great find for your theme Bernd and the quality of the image is superb when looked at on Flickr, and definitely fits the theme.

Agree, she really is a big old lump isnt she?

Loving the light on "Heavy". As such I think it would suit mono.

Now that IS heavy and if the subject of GROSS comes up you can use it again :)

Two good shots love heavy what a fantastic sculpture I disagree with both the above comments highlights are fine and as for “gross” what a strange comment

Abundance does the job but is a bit busy for me.
Heavy is, IMHO a great subject and nicely captured, I with Allan the highlights pick out the curves well, the guy in the background gives a good sense of scale and emphasises the heaviness.

Good work Bernd, Both good. The one fat lady is very shiny/reflective but came out nicely, with lots of detail all around. (y)

Great find for Heavy! It's obviously a very large statue but I think the pc description would be voluptuous :D

Abundance - Nicely seen a nice colorful image I can smell the sugar for here!

Heavy - Great find for the theme I like the inclusion of the guy in the background it gives a great sense of scale.

2 good images Bernd. Lots of detail in abundance and plenty of colour. Love heavy, highlights show the curves of the statue, which is on the line of seaside postcards of old. Doubt there will ever be anything else similar in this far too PC world, which is a shame.
Pete

Abundance - an abundance of sugar indeed really stands out against the dark background of the rest of the store
Heavy - great statue. the guy in the back ground give a sense of size. great find for the theme

Abundance ; lots of sweet to pick from. The scoops add interest to the shot.

Heavy; very apt for the theme. A big and heavy woman sculpture.
Thank you Stan!

Great entry for heavy. Nicely on theme. What an amazing statue that is
Thanks Ian!

Thank you Mandy!

Abundance of sweets, I could eat tons of those not be sick but still stay just over ten stone so for that I like it.
Heavy is a very good find indeed and good colours.
Cheers Dave!

Agree, she really is a big old lump isnt she?
Thanks Mark!

Hey Brrnd,

Abundance - I like that. The contrast of the pick n mix in the foreground with the night time cityscape in the background is really good.
Heavy - How very dare you, being so sizeist ;)
Thank you Tim!

Loving the light on "Heavy". As such I think it would suit mono.
Thanks Dave!

Heavy, love the shot but for me I would of dropped the highlights :)
Thank you Nigel!

Now that IS heavy and if the subject of GROSS comes up you can use it again :)
Thank you Martin, but I beg to differ!

Two good shots love heavy what a fantastic sculpture I disagree with both the above comments highlights are fine and as for “gross” what a strange comment
Thanks Allan!

Abundance does the job but is a bit busy for me.
Heavy is, IMHO a great subject and nicely captured, I with Allan the highlights pick out the curves well, the guy in the background gives a good sense of scale and emphasises the heaviness.
Thanks Chris!

Good work Bernd, Both good. The one fat lady is very shiny/reflective but came out nicely, with lots of detail all around. (y)
Thank you David!

Great find for Heavy! It's obviously a very large statue but I think the pc description would be voluptuous :D
Thanks Georgina! Voluptuous! That's a word I have to remember :)

Heavy

Nice one, it definitely looks heavy.
Cheers Dominic!

Abundance - Nicely seen a nice colorful image I can smell the sugar for here!

Heavy - Great find for the theme I like the inclusion of the guy in the background it gives a great sense of scale.
Thanks Mark!

2 good images Bernd. Lots of detail in abundance and plenty of colour. Love heavy, highlights show the curves of the statue, which is on the line of seaside postcards of old. Doubt there will ever be anything else similar in this far too PC world, which is a shame.
Pete
Thank you Pete!

Abundance - an abundance of sugar indeed really stands out against the dark background of the rest of the store
Heavy - great statue. the guy in the back ground give a sense of size. great find for the theme
Thank you Alison!

Sorry for not being able to comment, I'm quite busy at the moment, but maybe tomorrow morning I'll have some time.

My submission for this week theme not particularly exciting, I've set my goPro on time lapse and chucked it into the washing machine...

Week 11:

week 11: wet
by Bernd, on Flickr

What a great idea, makes a really good abstract, or something off a sci-fi movie. I bet it was a bit noisy.

What a great idea, makes a really good abstract, or something off a sci-fi movie. I bet it was a bit noisy.

Thank you Chris! I’ve stopped it before the spin cycle...

As above really clever idea and very brave but it has worked interesting shot

Not as much water as I would have expected in a washing machine, I guess you stopped it quite quick so not to damage your Gopro.
Clever Thinking

Pete

Your "Wet" shot is very good Sir, great idea, really creative, and well presented.(y)

George.

It's great seeing everyone's different takes on the recent themes :) Yes, there were a lot of sweets used in the Abundance theme but yours are different again from the ones I have already seen, with a variety of shapes and colours, and I like the way they are heaped in an apparently random pile of sweetness. The large lady is perfect for the Heavy theme and a really unusual statue with that high gloss finish, and finally the washing machine is a very original take on the Wet theme and very brave too :D

As above really clever idea and very brave but it has worked interesting shot
Thank you Allan!

Not as much water as I would have expected in a washing machine, I guess you stopped it quite quick so not to damage your Gopro.
Clever Thinking
Thanks Pete!

Your "Wet" shot is very good Sir, great idea, really creative, and well presented.(y)
Cheers George!

Wet - Very brave but a great result,
Thank you Alison!
Motion blur would be nice. :exit:

Cool idea. (y)
Thanks David! I don't think you can set the shutter speed on a gopro...

It's great seeing everyone's different takes on the recent themes :) Yes, there were a lot of sweets used in the Abundance theme but yours are different again from the ones I have already seen, with a variety of shapes and colours, and I like the way they are heaped in an apparently random pile of sweetness. The large lady is perfect for the Heavy theme and a really unusual statue with that high gloss finish, and finally the washing machine is a very original take on the Wet theme and very brave too :D
Thank you Andrea!

Juxtaposition Well spotted Bernd; yes a true contrast and a photo with something to say.
Wet; a simple and effective composition. Nice shots both of them(y)

Back