weekly Bernd's 52 in 2018 - week 21/22: hard/creatures

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
Here we go again... No rules again this year, that includes being late with my submission or dropping out halfway though :D

Yo Bernd ... welcome back

the OOF'd outside .... great idea. ... a bit tight at the bottom perhaps.

nice angle on those tube barriers gates, and inclusion of staff.

Welcome back and good luck for your 2018 challenge.

Week 0 - I like the idea behind this image, I feel its missing something, just not sure what.

Week 1 - Gate(d) that must be one of the quietest tube stations I have seen in a photograph, good sharp image and works for the theme.

Good to see you back Bernd. Good interpretation of the theme and like the low POV.

Good to see you back with us excellent idea for your area pic totally different from anything else very good thinking there

Gate I can only agree with the above nice low angle

Hi Bernd, your avatar looks better now. Your area a straight to the point looking out of the window is good enough for the theme.
Gate is a good clear/clean shot and only one person too, really like the low/ish pov you took the shot at. Good to see you back again (y)
Thank you Dave!

Yo Bernd ... welcome back

the OOF'd outside .... great idea. ... a bit tight at the bottom perhaps.

nice angle on those tube barriers gates, and inclusion of staff.
Thanks David! That member of staff has told me off for taking a photo of her...

Welcome back and good luck for your 2018 challenge.

Week 0 - I like the idea behind this image, I feel its missing something, just not sure what.

Week 1 - Gate(d) that must be one of the quietest tube stations I have seen in a photograph, good sharp image and works for the theme.
Thank you Mandy! Suburban tube stations in the middle of the day are usually not that busy.

Good to see you back Bernd. Good interpretation of the theme and like the low POV.
Cheers John!

Good to see you back with us excellent idea for your area pic totally different from anything else very good thinking there

Thanks Allan!

I like the angle of view on the gates, it’s a nice view of the contrast between the traditional decor and the modern gates with their adverts.

Agree with all of the above....welcome back

WB Brrnd.

My Area - Works for me, interesting take on the theme. I like it.
Gate - I did contemplate something along those lines, being on-theme for me, I like the way you've done it :)
Russell Square perhaps?

Great to see you back in the game Bernd and with a couple of really strong photos to start the year (y)

Great start Bernd, really great images to begin with!

The Gate shot works really well for me Sir, not somethin' I'd have thought of but a great idea and well presented.(y)

George.

I like the angle of view on the gates, it’s a nice view of the contrast between the traditional decor and the modern gates with their adverts.
Thank you Jon!

clever use of the window frame AS a frame for the image (y)
Thanks Frank!

Agree with all of the above....welcome back
Cheers Mark!

WB Brrnd.

My Area - Works for me, interesting take on the theme. I like it.
Gate - I did contemplate something along those lines, being on-theme for me, I like the way you've done it :)
Russell Square perhaps?
Thanks Tim! Clapham Common.

Great to see you back in the game Bernd and with a couple of really strong photos to start the year (y)
Thank you Chris!

Great start Bernd, really great images to begin with!
Thanks Daniel!

The Gate shot works really well for me Sir, not somethin' I'd have thought of but a great idea and well presented.(y)
Thank you George!

Like them both. Nice one.
Thanks Ross!

Like the tube station shot. Well seen and well captured.
Cheers Lee!

Wecome Back Bernd

My Area - Great Idea love the use of the window and the oof view

Gate(d) - Nice take on the theme I like the low POV

I like the ticket gates unusual choice and well captured and not obscured by passengers you picked the right time to go.

Welcome back, Bernd! Two good interpretations and interesting,colourful images to start the year, and I look forward to 49 more during the year :)
Thank you Andrea!

Great shot and original take on the theme.
Thanks Liz!

I like the ticket gates unusual choice and well captured and not obscured by passengers you picked the right time to go.
Thank you Alison!

Well that shot certainly works for me Sir, and the letter box presentation is a great idea.(y)

George.

Plenty of people there, as said above the letterbox works really well

I love this kind of thing, and you've captured a good selection there Bernd all nicely lined up ....read some of those expressions.

That’s definitely people :). It’s a cracking shot, as above it suits the crop well. I just wish I had the nerve to stand and take that sort of shot so hats to you (y)

Great shot Bernd. Lots of interest in the image, such as the baby in the pram staring at the balloon.

The aspect ratio works extremely well and eliminates all the non-relevant buildings.

As a secondary observation....what to so many people find to look at on their phones whilst waiting to cross the road?

Fab!

It's all about the kid and the balloon :)

Great image B, wish I had the courage to shoot a large group like that....

What a cracking shot Bernd, totally love it and as has been said the letterbox crop is great, but what is even better is. Nearly all the people are in their own little world, but two are looking right at you :)
Thanks Dave! Two? The woman in the second row immediately left to the traffic light seems to look at me but I don't think the third person from the left is.

I love this kind of thing, and you've captured a good selection there Bernd all nicely lined up ....read some of those expressions.
Thank you David!

That’s definitely people :). It’s a cracking shot, as above it suits the crop well. I just wish I had the nerve to stand and take that sort of shot so hats to you (y)
Thank you! This is London, nobody even notices. And having a camera with an articulating screen helps.

Great shot Bernd. Lots of interest in the image, such as the baby in the pram staring at the balloon.
Cheers Lee!

The aspect ratio works extremely well and eliminates all the non-relevant buildings.

As a secondary observation....what to so many people find to look at on their phones whilst waiting to cross the road?
Thanks Bob!

It's all about the kid and the balloon :)
Thank you Dave!

Great image B, wish I had the courage to shoot a large group like that....
Thank Mark!

It's a comment on today's society that there were at least 6 people on mobiles.
What really intrigues me is the 2 eating ice cream cones !
So many faces, so many expressions.
Agree with the letterbox comments. Works well like that.
(y)

Nice shot for people, you got lots of them in there and I like the crop. Good work for the theme

Back