weekly Bernd's 52 in 2018 - week 21/22: hard/creatures

Catching up

Week 0 - Effective use of OOF main area - we all know what it is so don't need the detail and great framed by the window
Week 1 - Good textures, reflections and contrast in styles from modern to vintage
Week 2 - Nice choice of crop, just the 'subjects'

Spot on for the theme, loads of people, good colours, nice crop.

Really like that the crop works really well filling the frame with lots of people. Nice and colourful too

It's a comment on today's society that there were at least 6 people on mobiles.
What really intrigues me is the 2 eating ice cream cones !
So many faces, so many expressions.
Agree with the letterbox comments. Works well like that.
(y)
Thank you Tim! I didn't even know somewhere that sells ice cream cones would be open at this time of the year.

The lady with the glasses on left next to the lights and the big bloke to the left of her, with his hands in his pockets :)
Yes to the lady with the glasses, but I'm not that sure about that big guy to the left of her as he was chatting to his mate...

Nice shot for people, you got lots of them in there and I like the crop. Good work for the theme
Thank you for commenting!

The wide and cropped shot of ppl really draws my eye in (y)
Thanks Frank!

Great idea, Berrnd, and as already noted many times, the letterbox crop is perfect (y) So many different people looking in different directions and caught in their own worlds; it's a real freeze frame of city life.
Thank you Andrea!

Catching up

Week 0 - Effective use of OOF main area - we all know what it is so don't need the detail and great framed by the window
Week 1 - Good textures, reflections and contrast in styles from modern to vintage
Week 2 - Nice choice of crop, just the 'subjects'
Cheers David!

Yup, not much more I can say that hasn't already, the wide crop filled with people is spot on !!! (y)
Thanks Dean!

Spot on for the theme, loads of people, good colours, nice crop.
Thank you Chris!

Really like that the crop works really well filling the frame with lots of people. Nice and colourful too
Cheers Mark!

As has been said many time the letterbox crop works well. Lots of interest there cracking shot

Agreed, very clever shot. Where else would you get to be able to present a cracking panoramic/letterbox shot than a pedestrian crossing

So many people, good shot, love the boy and his ballon.
Loads of people on Phones, many bored waiting for something to happen, the modern world.

As has been said many time the letterbox crop works well. Lots of interest there cracking shot
Thank you Alison!

Agreed, very clever shot. Where else would you get to be able to present a cracking panoramic/letterbox shot than a pedestrian crossing
Thanks Ian!

So many people, good shot, love the boy and his ballon.
Loads of people on Phones, many bored waiting for something to happen, the modern world.
Cheers Pete!

Really enjoyed both week 1 and week 2 :). This week particularly with all of the interesting people you have captured. Looking forward to seeing your future submissions!!

Really enjoyed both week 1 and week 2 :). This week particularly with all of the interesting people you have captured. Looking forward to seeing your future submissions!!
Thanks Gil!

Hi Bernd how nice to hop on here and see you back in the challenge, I’m always a fan of your shots and People doesn’t disappoint...love the crop and the line up, a great selection of people there.
Thank you Susie!

Nicely done B, I really like the dark figures in the foreground and the general "London" grimy feel....

I like the way the building is standing out strongly against the sky, good choice for the theme and it is enhanced by the dark figures and reflections in the foreground.

very contrasty love the reflection in the wet pavement, nice shot whatever it was taken on

Nicely done B, I really like the dark figures in the foreground and the general "London" grimy feel....
Thank you Mark!

I like the way the building is standing out strongly against the sky, good choice for the theme and it is enhanced by the dark figures and reflections in the foreground.
Thanks Chris!

Well I think the tower block is certainly stark against the sky Bernnd so ticked box from me :)
Thank you Dean!

Nice one Bernd. That dilapidated tower is certainly stark.
Cheers Lee!

I like that Bernd the tower stands out nicely against the sky very strak
Thanks Mark!

Dark,stark and contrast shot, like this Bernd. The dark people just go well in the shot and a good sky, nice mobile shot that`s bang on theme (y)(y)
Thank you Dave!

very contrasty love the reflection in the wet pavement, nice shot whatever it was taken on
Thanks Allan!

Very 'Stark' Bernd, especially the location you've used with the derelict high rise at the back.....nice one!

Very nice Stark shot Sir, fits the theme completely and works very well with a mono presentation.(y)

George.

Now that is a stark looking building. As others have said, great with the dark imaged people too. Gives it a bit of an Armageddon look

Nicely framed ... nice angle on the brutalism, some FG people too. (y)

Very nice Stark shot Sir, fits the theme completely and works very well with a mono presentation.(y)
Thank you George!

Now that is a stark looking building. As others have said, great with the dark imaged people too. Gives it a bit of an Armageddon look
Cheers Ian!

People - certainly plenty of people in that image, and the crop works very well for the image.

Stark - :agree: with what the others have said.
Thank you Mandy!

Nicely framed ... nice angle on the brutalism, some FG people too. (y)
Thanks David!

Stark is a nice image bang on theme and I wouldn’t have noticed the smartphone element without you stating it.

Nowt wrong with mobile photography Brrnd, and to be honest, the quality looks better than my old TZ8.
I like what you've achieved here. The tower block really does seem stark against the sky, and the almost silhouette people add interest to the shot.

Stark is a nice image bang on theme and I wouldn’t have noticed the smartphone element without you stating it.
Thank you Jon!

Nowt wrong with mobile photography Brrnd, and to be honest, the quality looks better than my old TZ8.
I like what you've achieved here. The tower block really does seem stark against the sky, and the almost silhouette people add interest to the shot.
Thanks Tim!

That’s great for a phone photo Bernd, what phone is it, I’m changing mine and want one with a good camera. The tower block, the people, the reflections, they all work perfectly for me.
Thank you Susie! That's been taken with an iPhone X (ex? ten?), the camera is great, but it's huge, I find it near impossible to operate with one hand, and I have quite long fingers :)

Hi Bernd, Nice to see you here again:D Trying to catch up on some commenting while I think about the next theme! I like the blurry view from the window giving us just a glimpse of your view. Nice one for gate, I like the lower pov and that there is just the one member of staff and no other people. What did you do with them all? The wide angle and the letterbox crop are brilliant for the people shot, lots to look at, love it. That tower certainly looks stark against the stormy sky and the B&W just exaggerates this, another goodie :D

Hi Bernd, Nice to see you here again:D Trying to catch up on some commenting while I think about the next theme! I like the blurry view from the window giving us just a glimpse of your view. Nice one for gate, I like the lower pov and that there is just the one member of staff and no other people. What did you do with them all? The wide angle and the letterbox crop are brilliant for the people shot, lots to look at, love it. That tower certainly looks stark against the stormy sky and the B&W just exaggerates this, another goodie :D
Thank you for commenting Georgina!

Back