weekly Bernd's 52 in 2020 - massive catch-up until week 20

On second viewing...

The only thing I'd change is I'd try and clone out the figures. (I assume they're other photographers.) And only because it's such a long exposure that one of them is very blurred.

Still love the shot though and agree that it's the best 'Winter' shot I've seen.

Last edited:
Very nice Bernd nothing more to say!

Thank you for all your nice comments! @Kell I thought the fellow photographers were hardly noticeable, but you noticed them and now I notice them too every time I look at that image ;)

As it's unlikely that I will do anything near as good in this 52 challenge I think it's time to bow out gracefully. 't was fun.

Thank you for all your nice comments! @Kell I thought the fellow photographers were hardly noticeable, but you noticed them and now I notice them too every time I look at that image ;)

As it's unlikely that I will do anything near as good in this 52 challenge I think it's time to bow out gracefully. 't was fun.
A really great set of images Bernd but I hope you will stay in the 52, would be our loss if you go.

For book week I've been lazy and took a quick snap in my lunch break. My favourite book by the least favourite of my favourite authors: High Rise by J.G. (or 'Jim' as Will Self calls him) Ballard.

Great PoV Bernd, nicely taken too.

I like how the varying water stains add extra interest to the uniform patterns.

Book - Fits the title you have chosen, and as others have said good Pov and the pattern on the building adds interest

Super shot for book, well taken :)

I enjoy taking the bus or the DLR more than taking the tube because you can sit on the "driver's seat" (if you are quick enough). So my submission for transport is the view of the imaginary driver of a driverless Docklands Light Railway train.

I enjoy taking the bus or the DLR more than taking the tube because you can sit on the "driver's seat" (if you are quick enough). So my submission for transport is the view of the imaginary driver of a driverless Docklands Light Railway train.

Great shot! :)

Nice image, plenty of interest and good for the theme.

Nice view of the tracks! Did you get one the other way?

Nice shot... and good balance of similar buildings on both sides.
It reminds me of my London commuting days. When my train was (regularly) delayed and absolutely rammed the drivers would often let a few of us into the cab for a birds eye view.. doubt they would be allowed to do that these days!

That's a cracking image Bernd, I love the PoV on this

Back