weekly Bernd's 52 in 2020 - massive catch-up until week 20

That's rather nice - a slightly different take on transport which is no bad thing! Shame there wasn't another train coming the other way!

Last edited:
Thank you for all your comments!

It's east London not the US, but I agree it has a bit of a New York kind of look. From the train track, from street level it is distinctly the east end of London...

@CliveH I wish I was a train driver, but it was taken from the front row seat in one of those driverless trains...

Excellent. I am drawn toward the older building on the right, in a good way. It certainly does have a downtown Noo Yoik E Train vibe about.

Nice image Bernd, plenty to see there ( or not :D )

I like that, it also conveys the current climate within the country. :)

Interestingly there was a shot of The National Gallery in the Fuji Thread a couple of days ago, by @imattersuk iirc, with even fewer people in the shot.
Not something you really ever think you'll see in the centre of london is it. Strange times.
The clouds and general processing of your shot mirrors the mood of the nation.

Book - I like it an interesting angle

Transport - Great shot for the theme plenty of leading lines .

Fence - Nice image love the mono conversion quite an eerie felling with very few people about.

Fence - super shot with great pov and composition. I think a minor improvement would be to remove the slight halo round the lion.

Yes, just the halo a slight bugbear to me too. It might work in colour too. But a great inventive subject.

Thank you all for your comments!

Yes, the famous halo from over-processing. I though it would be almost not noticeable, but of course I can count on my eagle eyed photographer friends. :)

Transport - I know a few people that like to sit up front and pretend they are the driver it does make a good Pov.
Fenced - The lack of people very telling of the strange times we are currently living in.

Transport - I know a few people that like to sit up front and pretend they are the driver it does make a good Pov.
Fenced - The lack of people very telling of the strange times we are currently living in.
Thank you!

We have plants that are not artificial in our house, but that was the closest one to hand. And it's in a white pot, so I've attempted my go at the technique too.

Works for me too Bernd

I should say, that is High Key. Good treatment of the subject too, nice light etc.

Works for high key for me :)
Nicely done. liking the interesting diagonal light (sun light? - It seems a hard enough source to be natural).
Thanks Tim! It is indeed sun light, taken yesterday morning during a brief period of sunnyness

Certainly works for High Key just enough detail in there.
Thanks Mark!

Works for me too Bernd
Cheers Chris!

I should say, that is High Key. Good treatment of the subject too, nice light etc.
Thank you Jim!

Lovely - just enough hint of detail, and nice colours.
Thanks for the comment!

A lot of time is needed to go to the shops nowadays. Sorry, iPhone picture.

Works for me shopping is certainly taking more time then usual.

I like the composition and the light and shadows in the picture.

A good reportage type shot, will be good to look back on in the future..

Back