weekly Bernd's 52 in 2020 - massive catch-up until week 20

This one hasn't done an honest day's work ever.
How about a dishonest one then Berrnd? :p

Another peice of lateral thinking, well lit and detailed

Last edited:
Great idea for the theme Brrnd and a good looking image. Looks good against the white background

I like the fun of the shot for pleasure Bernd. Well thought out - perfect for the theme!
Another excellent piece of thought for tool. Very clever and well processed to draw the eye into the shot.

Got to hand it to you - that's well thought out :)

How about a dishonest one then Berrnd? :p
Plenty of that! Cheers Chris!

Great idea for the theme Brrnd and a good looking image. Looks good against the white background
Thank you!

Really like your thinking for the theme Bernd nice detail and lighting :)
Thanks Mark!

Good thinking Bernd and it does look like it`s never seen a hard days work too.
Cheers Dave!

The opposable thumb eh? Nice.
nicely captured and the slight vignette draws the eye to the subject.
Thank you Tim! Imagine we had opposable toes too...

I like the fun of the shot for pleasure Bernd. Well thought out - perfect for the theme!
Another excellent piece of thought for tool. Very clever and well processed to draw the eye into the shot.
Thanks Lee!

Great idea Bernd, plenty of detail and callous free....an unused tool !
Thank you Clive!

You could make a fortune on that - "one careful owner" etc..? ;)

Like the lateral thinking.
Thanks!

A very handy tool :). Nice take on the theme and well shot.
Thank you Helen, good pun!

Got to hand it to you - that's well thought out :)
and another pun! Cheers Dave!

good take on the theme, and processed well
Thank you Alison!

I have just finished laughing at all the comments following your Pleasure image, Bernd, mainly about the shifty looking blokes all walking past or away from the shop! Lots to look at and colourful, but I did wonder about the horizontals and whether it's just a slight slope in the road or kerb giving the impression that the shop is on the slant?

The hand for Tools is a clever take on the theme - straightforward, well taken and detailed (y)

I would have loved to have seen the soho shot at night.

But I understand your reticence to take one at all, let alone do it in the dark.

There are definitely some people that wouldn't like to be caught going in or coming out of a shop like that.

Clever take on the theme. Thumbs up!!
Thanks Bob! Well done for the pun :)

A good bit of thinking there and well executed.
Cheers Pete!

I have just finished laughing at all the comments following your Pleasure image, Bernd, mainly about the shifty looking blokes all walking past or away from the shop! Lots to look at and colourful, but I did wonder about the horizontals and whether it's just a slight slope in the road or kerb giving the impression that the shop is on the slant?

The hand for Tools is a clever take on the theme - straightforward, well taken and detailed (y)
Thank you Andrea!

I would have loved to have seen the soho shot at night.

But I understand your reticence to take one at all, let alone do it in the dark.

There are definitely some people that wouldn't like to be caught going in or coming out of a shop like that.
Thanks!

That's a tremendously inventive slant on the theme Bernd!
Well balanced and exposed, and the lighting on the background is just right.
Nice work!(y)
Cheers Gareth!

Well lit, well thought out too.
Thank you Dominic!

I don't think anyone outside of slapstick comedy movies discards banana skins, but here we go. I know that this could have been better framed, I was shooting in portrait orientation and my L bracket let the camera slowly slide down. I have seen it only when I was done and I couldn't be bothered to start again... Said L bracket should also be discarded.

Nice idea, and good to have some comedy value :)

What a great idea, Bernd nice trip-tych [sic] :D

Clever shot - well thought out!

Excellent fun shot.

A good fun shot for the theme, nice one.
Clever shot - well thought out!
Cheers Daves!

Very clever I really like that a nice fun triptych.
Thank Mark!

GROAN!

Chuckle @brrnd A nice bit o' fun there.
Like the socks too :)
Thank you Tim!

Excellent fun shot.
Thanks Roger!

:LOL: Tells a story and makes me laugh. Very clever and well thought out. But not too sure about the socks though! :D
Thank you Stan! Life is too short for wearing boring socks!

The Barbican Estate is one of my favourite photographic subjects. Partly because I work right next to it, but also because I'm a fan of brutalist architecture. It also contains Europe's largest performing arts centre (says Wikipedia) which I am visiting quite a lot. And at one point I was contemplating buying an overpriced flat in there, with not enough storage space and no control over the heating.

Like this, I am with you on this type of architecture, like the composition and the mono suits it well.

I do love a bit of Brutalist, it was a shame to see Sampson House being demolished, Baynard House is still there (Including *that* totem) but I always found it a little less interesting to look at.
Works well in B&W.
Was there an opportunity to keep the top of the 2 closest lights in the shot (or was there something in the way). With them being *just* cropped into makes it feel accidental and not deliberate.

I like this too, and was going to ask exactly the same as Tim regarding the lights in the foreground.

This takes me back.. I used to walk through there every day on the way to Moorgate station. Nice composition and good tonal range in the conversion.

Back