Best View in the Lakes (probably)

Name
Stuart McGlennon
Edit My Images
No
Loving having a long lens again - 11 shot stitch of Wastwater last evening - the colours didn't quite come out during sunset so this was from slightly earlier when the warm light was hitting the tops. My mate Carl kindly stood on the rocks a wee bit further on to try and give some scale, I'll confess to colouring his top to make him stand out a little better (he's always wearing grey lol) A reflection would have been a bonus but hey ho it's never calm enough down there:

The Best View in the Lakes by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Lovely light with the low sun and the addition of your mate for scale tops it off.

May be going there for a short break soon.

Great light and didn't realise it was a big stitch on Flickr but with the detail I can see how now.

Just gorgeous light Stuart and probably agree with you re the view. Panoramas are great and you have done a good job, the only thing I have learnt doing them though is trying to have a clear idea in your head how balanced the final composition is going to be. It is not easy, especially with lots of vertical shots. You can always shoot more in the width than you think you need and throw some away though obviously. the reason I am saying this is I think the shot could be even better with more being shown on the right hand side and balance it better...

Just gorgeous light Stuart and probably agree with you re the view. Panoramas are great and you have done a good job, the only thing I have learnt doing them though is trying to have a clear idea in your head how balanced the final composition is going to be. It is not easy, especially with lots of vertical shots. You can always shoot more in the width than you think you need and throw some away though obviously. the reason I am saying this is I think the shot could be even better with more being shown on the right hand side and balance it better...
Thanks Craig, I did wonder about the right hand side afterwards, which you're exactly right as it's much harder to visualise just how much you need in the shot to balance it. I guess it's just a case of shooting more than you need and going from there. Been aiming to get a good panoramic of this place for ages but I've always been without a long lens

Back