big bird in keneggy lake

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes

its been around a bit
likes to sport in the lake and wash its wings feathers
took this on my lumix f7...at 400iso which is tops for this 6Mp bridge handy in the boot of the car camera
wish i had my G1 with me though
the animal was around 10 metres away

cheers
geof

Good capture Geof. A very obliging bird. I was wondering if a little lighteening of the underside of the wings and face would improve it ?

I have no idea where Keneggy Lake is..still don't know after a google. Kennegie Manor, Penzance..Kennedy Lake BC ,Canada..that's it.

Good capture Geof. A very obliging bird. I was wondering if a little lighteening of the underside of the wings and face would improve it ?

I have no idea where Keneggy Lake is..still don't know after a google. Kennegie Manor, Penzance..Kennedy Lake BC ,Canada..that's it.

BIG SORRY
ITS TEHIDY WOODS...(

its fresh a fresh water lake and has lots of swan and ducks and some jays
this cormorant i thought was having a holiday here away from the seaside
but i have seen resident cormorant in fresh water in malta
i was facing the light and the jpeg off of my pos wouldnt let me lighten the shadow much without showing a lot of noise
should have used manual settings and blown the background
you would think i knew better
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Ah..Cornwall (Cambourne)..lol. I was off round the world. Well, re. the exposure you were between a rock and a hard place then. The background looks good so that would have been spoiled and it adds greatly to the overall image.I think, now you've said what was facing you,it's fine as it is. I tell you what,Geof..we'll blame the cormorant for choosing to stand in such a tricky position for anyone to get the perfect shot..:). Thanks for clarification.

Ah..Cornwall (Cambourne)..lol. I was off round the world. Well, re. the exposure you were between a rock and a hard place then. The background looks good so that would have been spoiled and it adds greatly to the overall image.I think, now you've said what was facing you,it's fine as it is. I tell you what,Geof..we'll blame the cormorant for choosing to stand in such a tricky position for anyone to get the perfect shot..:). Thanks for clarification.

and that bloody heron in manchester which kept flying off as i lifted my camera to shoot it...picture wise

thanks for your reply...
cheers
geof

Back