Big Boys Toys at Brands Hatch

Were you trackside?

I absolutely love #4 and #7. Something for me to aspire to :)

#3 for me. I've already written some comments about it on Flickr, but I'll copy and paste.

"I like this a lot. It's well composed, it's technically difficult, it fits the rule of thirds, it's got lovely diagonal lines and uses low depth of field to isolate the car. It's really, really good. Top shot!"

2, 3 and most deffinetly 9, 9 needs to be huge and hung on my wall. . . . .

Agree with others,2,3 and 9 are blooming superb pics :clap::clap: the sence of motion in 2 is very well captured and you nailed the shallow depth of field where used.
Been thinking about getting a 5D for a while now and you just ignited my wanting again :thinking:
Clive.

Nice to meet you over the weekend Tom.

3, 4 and 9 are particularly nice shots, but they're all superb! And very nice processing as always! Top work!

Were you trackside?

I absolutely love #4 and #7. Something for me to aspire to :)

Yeah, I've been lucky enough to be trackside all season, plus I visited Brands two weeks ago to get my eye in during the Britcar race :LOL:

#3 for me. I've already written some comments about it on Flickr, but I'll copy and paste.

"I like this a lot. It's well composed, it's technically difficult, it fits the rule of thirds, it's got lovely diagonal lines and uses low depth of field to isolate the car. It's really, really good. Top shot!"

2, 3 and most deffinetly 9, 9 needs to be huge and hung on my wall. . . . .

Agree with others,2,3 and 9 are blooming superb pics :clap::clap: the sence of motion in 2 is very well captured and you nailed the shallow depth of field where used.
Been thinking about getting a 5D for a while now and you just ignited my wanting again :thinking:
Clive.

All great as always particularly your head on pans. Great effect. Number 10 looks like a certain generic oulton shot although the lodge appears to have fallen down

3 , 4 and 9 are incredible.

i'm buggered if i can pan that sharp.

Thanks Guys. #3 might be my own favourite shot of the year, I absolutely love shooting with an ND32.

Nice to meet you over the weekend Tom.

3, 4 and 9 are particularly nice shots, but they're all superb! And very nice processing as always! Top work!

Cheers Nick, it was nice meeting you too. (y)

#8 is going to need a lot of T-cut :D

I'm just glad Zak walked way, it's scary!

http://youtu.be/d0_1XHBK4D0

Nicely done Tom.... as usual (y)

#3 is particularly fine, which is odd as in itself its not a terribly original shot but its composition and colours and everything come together into a sublime result.

#4... you weren't lying on top of Gary for that shot were you? I know he likes to have a bit of a sleep in that gap in the tyrewall :)

I don't think we met on Sunday.... I expect you saw me sculking around though, we just don't recognise each other!

Very nice. #3 is the stand out shot for me, a technique I wish I could master and should try and practice a bit more.

Lovely stuff Tom. Have to agree with the comments on #3, cracking shot.

Echo all the above. A great set, and #2 and #3 really work for me, is that zoom blur as well? I'd like to know the technique if it is, I have never managed to get it to work!
Lovely work mate!

Nicely done Tom.... as usual (y)

#3 is particularly fine, which is odd as in itself its not a terribly original shot but its composition and colours and everything come together into a sublime result.

#4... you weren't lying on top of Gary for that shot were you? I know he likes to have a bit of a sleep in that gap in the tyrewall :)

I don't think we met on Sunday.... I expect you saw me sculking around though, we just don't recognise each other!

Ahh I didn't think you we're going! You'll always find me at a British GT meet, let me know if you're at any more in future.

Very nice. #3 is the stand out shot for me, a technique I wish I could master and should try and practice a bit more.

Lovely stuff Tom. Have to agree with the comments on #3, cracking shot.

Stunning photos. The head on pans look like rig/tracking shots.

Very tidy set like all of these shots the angles pov colours light action great work (y)

Thank you all.

Echo all the above. A great set, and #2 and #3 really work for me, is that zoom blur as well? I'd like to know the technique if it is, I have never managed to get it to work!
Lovely work mate!

#2, #3 and a little bit of #6 are all zoom blurs. Get comfortable panning at very slow speeds first, the trying working the zoom ring. Don't even attempt to go through your entire zoom range, it won't work!

Back