Info Big butterfly count 2019

I was going to drop the Big Butterfly link in all the butterfly/moth posts I could find but it feels a bit like trolling :oops: :$.

I was going to drop the Big Butterfly link in all the butterfly/moth posts I could find but it feels a bit like trolling :oops: :$.
As there is no talk Macro it can have its own thread in there (y)

Until today there seems to have been a shortage of insects generally. Hardly any houseflies but my little pond is usually buzzing with honey bees and others but nothing lately. No hoverflies. It’s not been that cold or damp here and there are flowers out that usually attract them. Having said that there are butterflies today so we’ll have to see.

Until today there seems to have been a shortage of insects generally. Hardly any houseflies but my little pond is usually buzzing with honey bees and others but nothing lately. No hoverflies. It’s not been that cold or damp here and there are flowers out that usually attract them. Having said that there are butterflies today so we’ll have to see.
It's been a strange summer for insects so far. Up until last week I've hardly seen any butterflies, now though they seem quite numerous.
I've only got a small courtyard garden, but it is full of hoverflies and bee's.

No hoverflies
Everything seemed to be off to a late start, here, (Except the damned pests) this year.
My bonsai's got slaughtered with black fly very early on.
I had to give "nature" a boost ;) until the hoverflies and ladybirds arrived.
Lots of hoverflies now, not that many ladybirds or butterflys
I've only just started to see any sort of Bee on my Lavender hedge, although its been "open" for awhile.
I get the odd honey bee and solitary bee on the pasiflora

I've had lots of bees but few butterflies, till today and it's hot. It's also flying ant day and the swallows and martins are going crazy. Seen a comma and the hummingbird hawk moth along with quite a few others, camera's ready but nothing's stopping.

Anyone know how to turn off predictive text on a tablet? It's driving me nuts.

I've had lots of bees but few butterflies, till today and it's hot. It's also flying ant day and the swallows and martins are going crazy. Seen a comma and the hummingbird hawk moth along with quite a few others, camera's ready but nothing's stopping.

Anyone know how to turn off predictive text on a tablet? It's driving me nuts.
On the iPad Settings/General/Keyboard, on the current iOS version. But maybe you have Android?

On the iPad Settings/General/Keyboard, on the current iOS version. But maybe you have Android?

Thanks, it's Android but I've found it - well buried. It worked well except that I would type a word then it would change and I'd have to go back and type it again. With my name, that could be several times................ Typing martins and watching it change to Martin's was the last straw. Saving me time? - I think not :(

I spotted around 30 Painted ladies on Ham Wall and 6 or 7 other species :)

I also completed the survey and got my certificate :) :)

My wife's doing this. I haven't been allowed to cut down anything that might sprout a flower since April. She's a member of the Butterfly Conservation mob and keeps pointing out that the magazine comes in a compostable wrapper. I just don't get on with fluttery things and this is the only half decent butterfly picture I've yet achieved; taken 15 years ago half way up an Austrian mountain using an old Nikon S10 compact...

NIK_1030.JPG

Back