Big Cats at YWP

Nice set Russ (y)

I really like the lion enclosure there, and the lions are ( mostly) right little posers aren't they?

Nice set Russ. I really like the lion enclosure there, and the lions are ( mostly) right little posers aren't they?
- Many thanks Chris :)
- the lion enclosure offers great views of all three prides and , apart from posing, they are often in conflict with each other across their pond!
I'm not sure whether you are aware, but a large extension to YWP is underway with extensive groundworks and a planned bridge to link the new areas to the existing one over the small river that currently forms a boundary to the Park. A new entrance and car park is planned, but I'm not yet sure of the timescale. Will be quite a size in years to come (thank goodness they are not extending closer to my back garden!).

Russ

a large extension to YWP is underway with extensive groundworks and a planned bridge to link the new areas to the existing one over the small river that currently forms a boundary to the Park
I've not been up there in about 18 months, I must be due a visit before too long.
I knew there were some plans in the pipe line, as they say, but I didn't know it was that extensive,
It will be pretty impressive, once its all finished (y)

(thank goodness they are not extending closer to my back garden!
You could offer to "rent out" part of it, as temporary accommodation for some of the animals, think of the photo opportunities :D

Love the two lying together, they are handsome creatures aren't they

Have you seen anything of the brown bears recently, I had heard they were settling in well ?

Love the two lying together, they are handsome creatures aren't they. Have you seen anything of the brown bears recently, I had heard they were settling in well ?
- Hi Ingrid, those two male lions appear to be close buddies and regularly pose on that hillock in their compound! :)
- I understand the 3 remaining Ussuri bears are thriving, but I personally haven't seen them for weeks - despite frequent visits to YWP - just poor timing on my part I guess.

Russ

Thanks for the update Russ, animals are so unco-operative aren't mind, mind you I'd stay inside it
it was cold too :D

Great shots Russ, I do enjoy watching the Lions posing on the hills. Last time I was there the Tigers were having a go at each other through the fence, was funny to see one go sprinting towards the fence as if it had a chance!

Great shots Russ, I do enjoy watching the Lions posing on the hills. Last time I was there the Tigers were having a go at each other through the fence, was funny to see one go sprinting towards the fence as if it had a chance!
- Many thanks Chris - I have noted your suggested date (6/4/19) for a possible Meet at YWP; hope to see you then :)

Russ

Did you get any shots of the famous buzzard that's been hanging around the Lion enclosure?

Nice set. Love the expression on the lioness's face and especially impressed you got a shot of a leopard. I've been to YWP twice and not even seen a leopard yet!

@Rustydon same here, by chance I found a Facebook group Friends of the Yorkshire Wildlife Park and there's some pretty good stuff in there although Facebook kills the quality. I'm sure some have the magic touch for the Leopards or just live there.

Really like the lion shots - it is a nice enclosure for togs isn't it!

@Rustydon same here, by chance I found a Facebook group Friends of the Yorkshire Wildlife Park and there's some pretty good stuff in there although Facebook kills the quality. I'm sure some have the magic touch for the Leopards or just live there.
- I see several regular faces there on my visits, Foggy - but who can blame them! :)

Russ

- I see several regular faces there on my visits, Foggy - but who can blame them! :)

Russ

I’m a member of that Facebook group and I’d love to know how they get some of the shots, especially the tigers. It’s as though they are stood in a different place to us mere mortals

Back