Big explosion on the Wirral

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Just hearing of a massive explosion on the Wirral, possibly a large gas blast or petrol station, some of the pics show total devastation, anyone heard anything, hope there are no casualties

It's a few miles up the road from me. Looks like a gas explosion has flattened what was a dance studio and furniture shop below.

IMG_1490484649.856960.jpg

Our house shook from the blast as well as people reporting hearing it on the other side of the Wirral and Liverpool.

It used to be the brown brick building.

IMG_1490484731.911574.jpg

There's a Chinese restaurant opposite it in the row of shops where people were doing so there are injuries there. Luckily, the rest of the shops were closed so wouldn't be that many people about.

This news item prompted to investigate whether domestic gas alarms are available. They certainly are. There is a mass of publicity about smoke and CO detectors (and rightly so). I wonder why there is not the same publicity for gas detectors.

my local page on Facebook was full of did anyone hear that bang ,what was it etc at around 9.30 last night apparently loads of people in town heard it and we are in north wales ,the wife said all she heard was me snoring on the settee

Back