Big skies at Win Green

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
We took a trip to Win Green yesterday. It's only 15 minutes away, and we attempted to visit it once before but we missed the turning for the car park.....

So, with some great clouds around yesterday, it seemed worth going to the highest point on Cranborne Chase to see what we could shoot.

Field of Clouds by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Path into light by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Win Green View by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Thinking about returning for a sunset/sunrise shoot soon.

2 is brilliant. 1 is good, but when you see 2 you are like 1 isn't as good.
The atmosphere is really well delivered and tells a beautiful story.
I love black and white so I'd have liked to have a seen a bw edit but I appreciate your photos the way they are and keep up the good work

2 is brilliant. 1 is good, but when you see 2 you are like 1 isn't as good.
The atmosphere is really well delivered and tells a beautiful story.
I love black and white so I'd have liked to have a seen a bw edit but I appreciate your photos the way they are and keep up the good work

I've done a fairly quick mono conversion on the first two, I still think these are stronger in colour, although I do like a nice B&W landscape.

Great atmosphere in 2.

Nice set of photos. I particularly like the second one with strong leading lines and amazing clouds.

Thanks both. Until recently I feel I've struggled with landscapes, so it's good to get some positive feedback, it helps keep you going...

Path Mono by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Field Mono by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Would be interested in the feedback on the conversions.

IMHO they are great atmospheric photographs but a shade too dark for my taste.

I'm usually not a fan of manmade tracks in landscapes but it works very effectively in number 2 as it gives it depth. I think that picture shows what can be done shooting outside of the golden hours in summer - as long as there's dappled lighting and a clear subject it can work. It might be worth a levels/curves tweak as the brights seem a little dark. Colour all the way for this shot

I'm usually not a fan of manmade tracks in landscapes but it works very effectively in number 2 as it gives it depth. I think that picture shows what can be done shooting outside of the golden hours in summer - as long as there's dappled lighting and a clear subject it can work. It might be worth a levels/curves tweak as the brights seem a little dark. Colour all the way for this shot

I have purposely darkened the outside to draw attention to the sun lit field. I don't think it would have the atmosphere if it were lighter.

I have purposely darkened the outside to draw attention to the sun lit field. I don't think it would have the atmosphere if it were lighter.
Not saying the image as a whole should be but the ‘light’ tones look a bit dark. If you aren’t already I’d suggest viewing on a white background as it can really help to check if brightness looks right

Back