Big Sky In The Lake District * One more added

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
I'm not a big hiker by any stretch of the imagination but a mate of mine persuaded my to take what he called "a little stroll" in the lakes.......4 hours of very steep uphill trekking in the searing heat later and at the foot of Great Gable this was the view over towards Wast Water (possibly Scafell Pike on the left?).

Canon 5D MKII
Tamron 17-35
Hitech .6 Grad
17mm
ISO 50
f22 (for the sunburst)
1/15th

As always, any comments/crit are gratefully received.

Big Sky by Danny Birrell, on Flickr

You've controlled the exposure very well, and no flare that I can see. I'd be knackered after a 4 hour 'little stroll'!

You've controlled the exposure very well, and no flare that I can see. I'd be knackered after a 4 hour 'little stroll'!

Thanks Stu - I'm not gonna lie though, the amount of flare and dust (from shooting at f22) I've removed in post is unreal :)

And, yeah, I was ready to collapse in a sweaty heap!

Thanks Stu - I'm not gonna lie though, the amount of flare and dust (from shooting at f22) I've removed in post is unreal :)

And, yeah, I was ready to collapse in a sweaty heap!

Well you've done a very good job of that! I hate cloning so never take shots like this :)

Lovely photo, really captures that place. You are on the col of Sty Head, looking south-west possibly on the edge of the 496m knoll, the stretcher box and Great Gable are up to the right. Great End is to your left. The fell ahead on the left is Lingmell easily identified by the distinctive Z of Piers Gill below it. Green patch in the distance is the fields of Wasdale Head with Yewbarrow in shadow. Sty Head col is the great meeting place of paths from Borrowdale, Langdale and Wasdale, and is just a fantastic place.

Lovely photo, really captures that place. You are on the col of Sty Head, looking south-west possibly on the edge of the 496m knoll, the stretcher box and Great Gable are up to the right. Great End is to your left. The fell ahead on the left is Lingmell easily identified by the distinctive Z of Piers Gill below it. Green patch in the distance is the fields of Wasdale Head with Yewbarrow in shadow. Sty Head col is the great meeting place of paths from Borrowdale, Langdale and Wasdale, and is just a fantastic place.

Sorry, yes correct.. Great End is just beginning on the far left of the frame!

Thanks for the info - I remember we passed the stretcher box on the way round to Sprinkling Tarn. Amazing place!

For such strong light, you've controlled the exposure beautifully.
It's a lovely scene and the sky is bright but with loads of interest.
Very nicely done.

Back