Bigger not always better!!

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Well had my iPhone 6plus almost 2 years now and whilst I love the battery life and big screen at times I have started to find it quite a lump to carry around . A friend of mine asked if I'd considered going back to a smaller phone and recommended the iPhone se. I hadn't even heard of it but by all accounts it was a mini 6s in a 5s body. Well to cut a long story short I went for a 64gb se and have to say blown away with what a little powerhouse this is. My Mrs has the 6s and Reckon this thing is snappier all round imo. Didn't think I would cope with the small size but it's a breath of fresh air to be honest. Yes front facing camera isn't much cop but rear one is superb and battery life seems amazing If you fancy a smaller phone with plenty of grunt I would say go for it I am very pleasantly surprised!!
Anyone else got one?

Last edited:
My wife prefers her se to my 6, but I much prefer the bigger screen.

I've got one. I don't like the bigger size of the 6 or 7 but the SE is great

My daughter has one. I don't think she knows, or cares, about its performance; but she's petite and prefers smaller phones. She's happy with it.

As a 7 Plus owner anything else just feels tiny. That SE is well-specced though.

I used to enjoy a larger screen but maybe its because I dont use it as much as I once did.

Last edited:
Been looking at upgrading my old 5 to a newer version even a new 7 but every time I think about it the little demons in my head start a do you really need it argument ,the money could buy a new lens or camera . . ...........

Well had my iPhone 6plus almost 2 years now and whilst I love the battery life and big screen at times I have started to find it quite a lump to carry around . A friend of mine asked if I'd considered going back to a smaller phone and recommended the iPhone se. I hadn't even heard of it but by all accounts it was a mini 6s in a 5s body. Well to cut a long story short I went for a 64gb se and have to say blown away with what a little powerhouse this is. My Mrs has the 6s and Reckon this thing is snappier all round imo. Didn't think I would cope with the small size but it's a breath of fresh air to be honest. Yes front facing camera isn't much cop but rear one is superb and battery life seems amazing If you fancy a smaller phone with plenty of grunt I would say go for it I am very pleasantly surprised!!
Anyone else got one?

I concur with your findings. I have the 64GB SE and absolutely love it. I had a 6 plus for a while but realised it was far too cumbersome. This SE does the job perfectly, and I think the 4" screen factor is the idea size for a decent, portable yet fully featured phone. Plus one for the camera quality too - and battery, all is good!

Well just got in from work after starting at 7.30am this morning and battery is still on 90%!! I have made few calls sent some texts been online few times and checked my emails etc. Very impressed and really not missing my big screen.Its also alot faster than the 6 plus, web pages load almost instantly and every thing it does is so much snappier.

I like the 7 but as I was buying sim free budget couldnt stretch to a 7..lol. Got this 64gb for £344

That sounds good - I hope the trend for larger and larger phones will start to reverse a little now.

I think it will for some but large screens will always be popular I reckon.Take the new samsung that thing is huge!

i prefer a big screen i've gone down from 5.5 to 5.2 and i'm missing it.

I've just popped my Microsoft 640 into a slipcase from the leatherette wallet it was in previously, and the reduced thickness and slightly smaller length and width makes it feel very much nicer in the hand and pocket. It's really a larger phone than I want, but it does make reading a little easier and it was impossible to argue with the price/performance ratio (£70 PAYG from O2).

I still like a big screen for some stuff.
I am still using an old Note 2 bought on here about 2 years ago for £110 sim only deal and rock solid.
battery goes 3 days.
I am gifting it to my wife in a few weeks and will be trying the wiley fox swift 2

Back