B&W Birches Corner on the Quantocks

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Some snow the other morning meant I could start getting together a slightly more varied set of B&W images for Birches Corner on the Quantock Hills in Somerset! I don't usually do 'frames' but I thought I'd give it a go to see how they looked and was pleasantly surprised!

Somerset Signpost by Mike Stuckey, on Flickr

Foggy Christmas Eve2 by Mike Stuckey, on Flickr

Foggy Christmas Eve by Mike Stuckey, on Flickr

Morning Snow2 by Mike Stuckey, on Flickr

Birches Corner Morning Snow by Mike Stuckey, on Flickr

Morning Snow by Mike Stuckey, on Flickr

Very pleasing scenes and renditions, Mike! (y)

Very nice set of images Sir, well composed with a good bit of mono PP work. 4 & 5 would also be my personal fav's.(y)

George.

Good photos I like the mono processing. As above 4 and 5 for me.

Not a fan of the lens flare in #4 but love the scene, also #1 & #2 ... brings back many happy memories of the Quantocks as a youngster, hiking, camping and sausages on the Camping Gaz stove. :D

I'm a fan of trees in the snow as you might have seen so I love these! It's been far too long since I was in somerset... my favorite is 5 just wondering if you've lifted the shadows a bit too much, it's starting to look a bit unnatural?

Thanks, everyone, for commenting...much appreciated as always! :)

I'm a fan of trees in the snow as you might have seen so I love these! It's been far too long since I was in somerset... my favorite is 5 just wondering if you've lifted the shadows a bit too much, it's starting to look a bit unnatural?
#5 is the only HDR in the set so the shadows are a little more lifted! :)

Back