Bird ID Please.

Name
Red- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Snappa
Edit My Images
No
This little fella appeared out of the blue and has been living in our Cul de Sac for the past 4 -5 weeks now and we are not sure exactly it is. All we know is that It is a young pheasant of sorts.
As our street is less than a quarter of a mile from Birmingham city centre he is quite a distance away from his normal countryside habitation. He is adapting well to urban life and has so far survived the attentions of the local predators eg the foxes and neighbours cats.

IfMG_9295.jpg

My first thought was a female Golden Pheasant but actually it looks more Grouse-like ... can't positively ID it though. :(

My first thought was Grey Partridge?

maybe it is a cross breed of some sorts?

or home breed juvenile Grey Francolin.
That look like an exact match. I also looked up the call of the Grey Francolin on YouTube and that is also the same as our little visitor so thanks medwaygreen.

Juvenile Grey Partridge or home breed juvenile Grey Francolin.

https://download.ams.birds.cornell.edu/api/v1/asset/97329761/1800

Finally someone has put me out of me agony........... genius...... thank you Richard,this one's been driving me nuts for a good while. ever since snappy posted it as a vid I've reared both our partiridges in small numbers that brummy bird just didn't fit with what I remember.

many thanks richard did that come about because the grey partidge search ??
:cool:

Back