Bird ID please

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Was determined to get out this morning, even if only for an hour. Rain stopped play eventually, but saw this little thing, and really not sure what he is.

6thJuly2008009asr.jpg

a tighter crop. (quality is poor, I know)
6thJuly2008009esr.jpg

another, crop
6thJuly2008010esr.jpg

At the time I was taking some pictures of a Whitethroat getting some food to feed his youngsters, and thought he might be a juvenile; but when I got home, had a closer look, I've ruled that out.
Here's an adult, getting some food at the same bush.
6thJuly2008028esr.jpg

Pretty certain it's a Warbler of some sort though. Any ideas?

Cheers Busby :)
I was thinking along the lines of a Wood Warbler, but wasn't quite sure.

Yes, it most definitely is a Warbler, and the final image is of a Whitethroat. I would say the first one is if a Chiffchaff, which is a type of warbler. Take a look at this image, (not my own)

Chiffchaff2.jpg

It isn't a Wood Warbler guys. Wood Warbler has a very distinguishable yellow breast.

Wood-Warbler2_17-08-2006.jpg

Thanks Flash. I'm getting really confused now :LOL:
Looking at the bill, does look Chiffchaff like. Dam these Warblers :LOL:
Why can't they wear name tags :shrug:

I would say it was a Chiffchaff mate. They are very common, so there is a good chance you will see one. Can you recall the call it made?

Chiffchaffs make a chiff-chaff chiff-chaff call, thats how they got their name. Very easy to distinguish.

Didn't hear him making any sound, he didn't hang around for too long. The Whitethroat was pretty vocal though, churring away. Seen, and heard the Chiffchaff's round there before, so it's very likely.
Thanks

Yes so would I. Chiffchaff it is then! :D :D Go us! :woot: :woot:

Back