Bird Potraits

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Please go easy on me guys as this was the first time i have really used my DSLR ( D50 ) when it was off auto mode.It was a wonderful day so i went to the bird of prey centre which is about 5-10 mins from my house.

I havent used photoshop to sharpen or crop yet as that`s another thing i need to learn but will try mid week.

All pics taken on a Tamron 70-300 lens.You thoughts please as im wanting to learn.:) I hate the background so may look at that in photoshop.

Birdsandanimals235.jpg

Birdsandanimals220.jpg

Birdsandanimals169.jpg

Birdsandanimals088.jpg

Birdsandanimals177.jpg

Birdsandanimals188.jpg

Birdsandanimals230.jpg

Last edited:
No 2 for me... absoultely fab (as they say) :LOL:

No 2 for me too. You seem to have a bit of sensor dust. You can see it just above the birds' head in a few of the pics.

I see your shutter speed is quite slow. This will effect the quality if hand held, makes it more likely to suffer from camera shake and be oof.

The dust marks can easily be cloned out in PP.

Thanks very much for the comments folks. I will have a look at shutter speeds next time as i plan to be regular visitor. Today was about getting pics which i could look at and give me confidence to get out with the camera more and more and i feel better for doing it now.

Here are a few more including what im told is a rare sight with the bird spread eagled ( pardon the pun ) on the ground in the sun. Again no photoshop as yet but if anyone wants to work on them then feel free.:)

Birdsandanimals223.jpg

Birdsandanimals091.jpg

Birdsandanimals199.jpg

Birdsandanimals206.jpg

Birdsandanimals222.jpg

The Harris hawk portriats are quite "natural" (y)
Many of todays terms come from falconry and "spread eagled" is one.
Many BOPS will sun bathe in hot weather as well as our native corvids

Back