Bird Strike

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Just noticed this on my conservatory door, anyone any ideas what species this is.
Sorry the images are a bit rubbish, I did try to strategically place a black background but it didn't work out too good. :exit: Thanks in advance. (y)

IMG_3417.jpg IMG_3419.jpg IMG_3421.jpg

any ideas what species this is.

Dead probably

My parents had a similar problem , solved by putting some butterfly stickers on the glass

I regularly have wood pidgeons fly into my kitchen window.
They just seem to shrug it off and fly away.

Birdstrike.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all :), any luck it's the pigeon that keeps scoffing all the bird feed I put out, that'll teach him :ROFLMAO:

I'm surprised it flew into the glass. The door is the secondary one of the pair so rarely gets opened and it certainly hasn't been opened since I last cleaned them. Blinds are fitted inside so it's not as if it appears there is nothing there between the frames.. Stupid pigeon.

(y)

Blinds are fitted inside so it's not as if it appears there is nothing there between the frames.. Stupid pigeon.
It happens quite a lot, especially when they are being chased by Sparrow hawks, and not concentrating as well as they should.
Its no so much that there is "nothing there" more they see the reflection of the sky, so they think they are climbing and Wallop!

It happens quite a lot, especially when they are being chased by Sparrow hawks, and not concentrating as well as they should.
Its no so much that there is "nothing there" more they see the reflection of the sky, so they think they are climbing and Wallop!
Ahh yeah good point, possibly a cat, the sodding things are constantly lurking near the feeders.

Claw marks in image #2 certainly look like pigeon claws ... I quite like them in my garden, they hover up all the bits dropped from the feeders :)

Claw marks in image #2 certainly look like pigeon claws ... I quite like them in my garden, they hover up all the bits dropped from the feeders :)
Yes they are good at hoovering, Roger. But the regular one to my garden isn't satisfied with the scraps, he constantly tries new techniques for taking straight from the feeder. Though saying that I haven't seen it for a few days, hope he hasn't succumb to his attacker. :(

any ideas what species this is.

Dead probably

My parents had a similar problem , solved by putting some butterfly stickers on the glass

Thanks for the tip:)! This occasionally happens here. Usually, the wood pigeons recover and fly off, but I had one that bit the dust (gravel) in November:(!

Pigeons a often flying into my conservatory windows because there's a clean line of sight through the house if interior doors are left open.
Never had one die yet.

Back