North England Birding opportunities

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, just wondered if anyone has ever been here http://www.rodleynaturereserve.org ? It's pretty local to me and may give me some much needed practice for wildlife shots. I'm a total novice so if anyone who has experience in this type of photography would like some company and an apprentice let me know please.

It's not local to me (15 years ago would've been) but maybe check with them if they have a resident photographer (they might do courses like WWT do). Longest lens you have, and if you have support (ie monopod). I'd use the highest ISO you are comfortable with and shoot in Tv (shutter priority mode) - I guess your camera is a D300 and could predate auto-ISO (check your manual).

And accept a low hit rate, even pros don't get 100%, it takes practive and knowing what to look for and where. I'd actually gone to Wetlands in London on Sunday and came home not actually photographed anything (the Bitterns were shy).

Thanks for the reply Peter. I have a sigma 150-500 with Os, plus monopod and tripod.

Back