Birds in your garden

Garden birds around feeders

• Total voters
Hi Les. :) Yeah, someone else said the exact same thing. I guess I'm bad at seeing or perceiving some colours, I still can't see it in the bird, it's just the background that looks green to me. Apparently I'm red green colour blind though which is probably why. My white balance is always set to auto in the camera but I think I adjusted the temp and/or tint in lightroom and that probably made it green. Your starling looks great! I don't know if I ever had them in my garden.

I saw just a green cast- I always set my WB according to the light on the day

Glad you like my Starling

Les :)

Last edited:
Not a great image - but I'd thought I would share my Goldfinch invasion :)

aXzE8Ae.jpg

and of course I managed a decent shot too

DSC06811 Goldfinch by Les Moxon, on Flickr

^ Love that third one.

Fantastic photos I’m moving to wales soon so hopefully will see more than i do now in the city centre

Good set, I particularly like the Sparrow as I have been trying to entice one into my garden for months, so a little jealous.....

Good set, I particularly like the Sparrow as I have been trying to entice one into my garden for months, so a little jealous.....

We've got loads down here in Wiltshire. The garden hedges, hedgerows and trees are full of them. I love having them in the garden, they're probably the most common bird on my feeders.

@Joe94 - nice set, and a Robin always makes you smile...

Ahh thank you :) & aww I must admit I’m in Wiltshire too & as Jelster below said, luckily we get quite a few daily :)

We've got loads down here in Wiltshire. The garden hedges, hedgerows and trees are full of them. I love having them in the garden, they're probably the most common bird on my feeders.

Thank you & me too, I was so happy when I found I had attracted them to the garden & a blue tit too!

We get loads of birds in our garden on the Isle of Wight, Robins, Goldie's, Green Finch, Blue/Great Tits, Dunnocks, Red & Green Woodies, Jays, Magpies, Starlings, Blackies and the odd sparrow hawk and Buzzard, which may explain why we rarely see the elusive Sparrow. A few weeks back we had a charm of 30 Goldies !
But I will get the shot and post... so watch this space !

Excellent image!

I’m so glad Robins have became resident in my garden now, because their beautiful birds & fab models to photograph :)

One thing I do love is how one image of a Robin can be it sat all plump & round... and then the next can be them standing up tall & long aha :)

Again though, I think this just adds to their coolness to photograph :)

Excellent image!

I’m so glad Robins have became resident in my garden now, because their beautiful birds & fab models to photograph :)

One thing I do love is how one image of a Robin can be it sat all plump & round... and then the next can be them standing up tall & long aha :)

Again though, I think this just adds to their coolness to photograph :)

Thank you- nice of you to comment :)

Les

Nice shots but that "Coal-tit" looks an awful lot like a Great-tit to me.

Well, I'm certainly not going to argue as I'm far from expert at 'twitching'. All I know is that he's the blackest I've ever seen in my garden and compared with all the other hundreds of blue tits I get he really stood out from the crowd. I checked with other images on a search and he looked closest to a coal tit than anything else.

Anyway, as I said I'm no expert so happy to be educated. :)

Hi All
My second post so please bear with me if I make any mess up`s during the photo uploading process..

A couple of Juvenile Robins taken back in May 2020

Nikon D500 >Sigma 150-600 C

600mm - f/8 -1/640 - ISO 1270 handheld

DSC_7288  forum edit.jpg

450mm - f/6 - 1/500 - ISO-1000 handheld
DSC_7409 forum edit.jpg

Thanks for stopping by to take a look

Coho-Blue

Very Nice(y)

Back