Birds in your garden

Garden birds around feeders

• Total voters
48091713102_d744a1deb7_c.jpg

Not exactly in the garden but circling around above and eyeing the dog.

Last edited:
Seeing all these amazing close up pictures in such beautiful quality makes me really envious and a bit sad that I'm very limited with my kit lens right now.

The regular female blackbird was back again today and I managed to get a few shots of her feeding on the bird table.

Hi, a sick young Great Tit with a big tick. I clean the bird feeder daily, but in my garden there are hedgehogs and squirrels, and all have ticks and fleas ... --- :

DSC09406-a7-s70c-tp.jpg

I'm looking for information. I had a couple of great tits and gold finches in my garden, but they seem to have disappeared from the bird feeders in my garden. All I'm getting is sparrows, black birds, wag tails and a coupe of starlings. would anyone have any idea why they would have gone. Thanks for any info

This landed in the garden yesterday, anyone know what it is? Never seen before and doesn't match anything in the bird book (could have escaped an aviary nearby)

c86803af21.jpeg

c868038c0e.jpeg

c8681655e6.jpeg

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm looking for information. I had a couple of great tits and gold finches in my garden, but they seem to have disappeared from the bird feeders in my garden. All I'm getting is sparrows, black birds, wag tails and a coupe of starlings. would anyone have any idea why they would have gone. Thanks for any info

Well, it is the same in my garden. Typically, there are sparrows, black birds, great tits, bluetits, doves and green finches. Others are passing through, very rarely.

Jays used to come, but do not come anymore. There may be all sorts of reasons. I live in the country, and at times surrounding fields or neighbours' garden
may have more to offer.

Crows built a nest nearby, which may scare other birds away. Squirrels and garden dormice can plunder the nests. The same applies to cats ... ---

So, I think, this happens to all of us. Nothing to worry about, and nothing one can influence ... :)

The regular mummy blackbird on the bath today:

Followed by a younger blackbird:

Male blackbird (father, possibly) on top of plant climber

Last edited:
we are up by one seagull now
comes and sits on our shed roof awaiting some food..and enjoys the basin of clean water to drink....mrs toad has it feeding out of her hand...
not seen the wagtail or the wren so much....most others are sparrows, blackbirds and magpie pairs
we are near a rookery so now and again one will drop in but usually the magpies chase it.
we dont have feeders up just now so the pigeons have stayed away as well..they like the nuts

CALMLY LOOKING OUT EARLY ON A SUNNY MORNING by Robin Procter, on Flickr

A Greenfinch pair have started visiting my wildlife garden more often - The female, in this picture, more frequently than the male.

The whole back plumage right down to the tip of the tail is exquisite and is what I have been wanting to capture and share for a while.

[THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO LIKES AND/OR COMMENTS ON MY IMAGES. ALWAYS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED]

A young Siskin (I think) stretching for the seeds.

.... Yes, a female or possibly juvenile, Siskin. Nice capture of acrobatic skills!

Last edited:
We moved into our new place 2 weeks ago today. The feeders have been up for just a week and I've been really pleased with our visitors so far. We have a load of Sparrows roosting in the hedges around the garden, so they found the feeders pretty quickly, along with a few Dunnock, followed by Blue & Great Tits. The the Starlings arrived, plus a couple of Coal Tits. Today we have had LTT's for the first time. Blackbirds have been picking at the fallen apples in the garden.

Hopefully we'll get something a little more exotic as the word gets out to the bird fraternity about the feeders.

In my intentionally rough and low maintenance wildlife garden - With ponds and plenty of bushes and trees it's what attracts wildlife, especially the birds. A few days ago, Goldfinch :

THE FLIGHT OF THE GOLDFINCH by Robin Procter, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back