Birds in your garden

Garden birds around feeders

• Total voters
Hi, a Collared Dove couple:

.... Such a lovely looking bird aren't they. Very subtle plumage and very loving to each when coupled. Hence the expression 'Lovey Dovey!'.

Amazing pictures! I especially love the blackbird eating the berry.

Thank you very much for your friendly comment! (y)

However, all of us here in this thread know that there is always a certain amount of luck involved. Here, the bird did not seek shelter in the bush, but sat on the outside ... ---

Shortly after I went from analogue to digital photography in 2003, I started taking pictures of birds, squirrels and garden dormice in my garden.

I think this is one of the many joys of digital photography that one can take pictures that led to what was seen as "a waste of film" in the analogue days ... ---

A bluetit:

D80_8235-s150c-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Chiffchaff taking me upto 22 species of birds to visit my garden.

2019-09-15_12-31-30.jpg

Last edited:
They are ravenous at the moment, fattening up for winter I guess. I Can have 20 plus Goldfinches on my feeders most days.

I managed to move my feeders around a bit yesterday so I can get them closer to the bedroom window. The only problem is that separating the birds from the feeder is now a PITA. Anyway, they seem to like the home made bird cake I put out for them this morning.

Fuji X-T3 & 100-400mm

Starling by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Blue Tit by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

New Robin in the garden this year that is taking food from my hand. Took about a week for it to feel totally comfortable.
I've got a few snaps of it but I like this one as it will remind me of the wind we've been having.

Back