Birds in your garden

Garden birds around feeders

• Total voters
Dead-Starling_1000.jpg

So we have a Crow that visits our garden, normally to eat the left over chicken scraps we put out. It likes to take bits of the meat and soak them in our bird bath. Today I looked out to see it washing this!!

This afternoon I sat the camera on the tripod. Then used the Olympus app and watched the little chick shouting its head off on the ipad. It's all clever stuff you know :D

Really harsh light here today, the garden is full of birds but no sparrow, starling or goldfinch fledglings yet. Robins, blackbirds and wrens have all fledged and the robins/blackbirds are on a second brood. Missed the wrens leaving for the 20th year in a row!

Lots of food being taken but some are way behind here this year.

Strictly speaking the bird isn't in our garden but the photo was taken from in the garden. A Jackdaw, I believe.Jackdaw.jpg

Taken with my D750 & Nikon 70-300 VR @ 1/1000s, f/6.3, ISO500

There are a few things I've never photographed ... flowers and birds stand out.
A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture of a flower and now two blackbird chicks.
Not the sharpest of focus and not up to the standard of some here but nevertheless ....
chicks.jpg

P1000046_thrush-XL.jpg

Caught in my garden, I think it is a song thrush ?

Last edited:
We have been fortunate to have bluetits nesting in our bird box again this year. The chicks have fledged yesterday and today and I would like to share some of my photo's with you.

Raised here.

i-FdDhNPc-XL.jpg

Feeding baby.

i-nfKKGg4-XL.jpg

I'm hungry.

i-9tdFqCc-XL.jpg

First steps.

i-6pqcS6q-XL.jpg

Second steps.

i-WV36QNZ-XL.jpg

Gaining confidence.

i-wvr23Jd-XL.jpg