Birds in your garden

Garden birds around feeders

• Total voters
5D4_5950.JPG
We have a pair of these that come running when the birds on the feeders are tossing out the "non sunflower heart" seeds, there is a bit of a tussle sometimes as we have these, wood pigeons, collared doves and Dunnocks all scurrying after the fallen seed.

Perhaps not quite in the garden but up on the roof (of the extension). Taken through a double glazed window.

up_on_the_roof_s.jpg

Howard

Usually, I have to spend hours/days/weeks in my hide to get these kind of shots............so imagine my surprise, when this afternoon, whilst I was watching the football, this Female Sparrowhawk arrived in the garden - It was a pure fluke, that I happened to glance up and spot it!

No time to open a window, so sadly shot through double glazing.

GHP_9671 by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr

We have a number of partridges and pheasants in the field behind our garden and the partridges in particular are acclimatising to us i.e. if we wander into the garden they maintain a safe distance. The pheasants, on the other hand, especially the male fly off in a cloud of feathers and squawks.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m7EQFX]Adult Red-legged Partridge by Andy Williams, on Flickr[/URL]

We had some partridge chicks in the garden last week (counted 7 in total with a parent) but not seen them since :oops: :$
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m7zysL]A couple of Patridge chicks by Andy Williams, on Flickr[/URL]

So, I was working on my lockdown garden decking project today and look who wandered in to take a look on progress...7BB4FA35-002E-45BC-A1D0-DBDF1F47FBB1.jpegiphone pics but I could have picked the chicks up, they were that close. Checking out my weed-suppressant was something else!96818664-7288-45E3-A0C0-7ECCDA6BDF1D.jpeg

5D4_9641_1000.jpg
5D4_9587_1000.jpg
5D4_9564_1000.jpg
These messy Jackdaws feed a whole community of birds on the ground, Red Legged Partridges, Wood Pigeons, Collared Doves, and Dunnocks, and feral pigeons.

Last edited:
Not a great photo, as I'm still learning and this was taken through glass as you can see, but I was wondering what kind of bird this is, please, if it's ok to ask on here.
A6505701.jpg

Back