Bit of a shame really.

Cobra

Gregory House
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
I see quite a few road kill, smaller deer, Muntjac Chinese water deer etc, while driving up & down the A11 near Thetford forest.
Today I saw a huge Red deer dead by the side of the road, with a huge rack too.

I would also hate to think what happened to the vehicle that hit it!
But as there were no car of lorry parts close by and it seemed fairly complete, I pondered on the fact that it may have been a culled deer that actually made it out of the woods and to the road side.
Either way, it was a waste. ( not being picked up or struck by traffic)

I'd put money on the fact that its no longer there now though ;)

Last edited:
Venison for tea on Sunday then Chris? ;):exit:

My wife's uncle used to be an engineer at Glenshee ski lifts and one night after work he was driving home after work and spotted a deer that had been hit by a car.
It was still warm so he bundled into the boot of his Austin maxi.
When he got home, he parked in his drive and shut the gates. When he opened the boot the bloody deer jumped out and started running round the garden. It had only been knocked out.

When he got home, he parked in his drive and shut the gates. When he opened the boot the bloody deer jumped out and started running round the garden.
I shouldn't laugh but ...

:LOL:

I see quite a few road kill, smaller deer, Muntjac Chinese water deer etc, while driving up & down the A11 near Thetford forest.
Today I saw a huge Red deer dead by the side of the road, with a huge rack too.

I would also hate to think what happened to the vehicle that hit it!
But as there were no car of lorry parts close by and it seemed fairly complete, I pondered on the fact that it may have been a culled deer that actually made it out of the woods and to the road side.
Either way, it was a waste. ( not being picked up or struck by traffic)

I'd put money on the fact that its no longer there now though ;)

Probably a blind deer, bad eyed deer crossing the road. ;)

What do you call a dear with no eyes ?

Shall I elaborate further ?

We're currently staying at my brothers in Norfolk for a few days.
I've noticed on the A10 there are a few Muntjacs dead by the side of the road.
Back home we sadly see quite a few dead hedgehogs but I've never seen as many dead muntjacs before.

Seriously though, I've never seen a deer dead by the roadside here in Scotland and we do have a few deer about, occasionally even in the gardens. I'm not sure on the situation down south but there are deer fences alongside many of the roads here, maybe that's why?

Those fences certainly don't work for foxes, badges, pheasants etc, I've seen those almost every time I go any distance in the car.

Back