Beginner Bittern

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Despite admiring all of your work for years I've never got around to posting a photo of my own, so here goes!
Taken on a recent first ever visit to Norfolk, with 7D and Sigma 150-500.
Only time I've ever seen a Bittern, he didn't hang around and I only managed 3 shots. Fantastic noise they make!

Comments and criticism welcome - I'm a beginner who's keen to improve.
(the original is on Flickr if anyone would like to show me a better use/PP for it)

Thanks, Simon

IMG_2725
by Si465, on Flickr

These are very hard to get good shots of due to their incredibly camouflage. That being said, for a beginner it's a great start! Looking at the original it is quite a crop so PP is limited. Perhaps a little sharpening to the subject. Overall, a good start to the wildlife photography world. Keep it up mate.

Thanks Tim I'll keep trying. I'll have another fiddle with sharpening but I think there's a bit of camera shake which isn't helping. In hindsight burst mode would have been a good idea

Well done on capturing an image of the elusive Bittern ... I have often heard them but only seen one once, in flight at a distance, got a photo but not as good as yours ... I am jealous! :D

got a photo but not as good as yours ... I am jealous! :D

Having seen lots of your photos gramps I can confidently say that that statement's normally 99.9% the other way around! But thank you very much for the kind words!

Not much wrong with that, maybe a slightly tighter crop but a good image.

Back