Black Headed Gulls

Edit My Images
No
Black_headed.jpg

Love the gulls, you get a real sense of "they're coming to get us" and the dramatic sky helps - processing works well too.

Shame about the ferry - would be nice to either see more of it or none of it - not a deal breaker though.

Love the gulls, you get a real sense of "they're coming to get us" and the dramatic sky helps - processing works well too.

Shame about the ferry - would be nice to either see more of it or none of it - not a deal breaker though.

Thanks Ned ................. DP3M @f2.8

I thought that the Ferry added interest

I thought that the Ferry added interest

Yep, I can see that too :)

Ideally I think it would be nice to see more of it. Detail/sharpness is stunning though, did you do much processing to lift the shadows or is it an OOC jpg?

Yep, I can see that too :)

Ideally I think it would be nice to see more of it. Detail/sharpness is stunning though, did you do much processing to lift the shadows or is it an OOC jpg?

Sigma RAW to tiff into LR then processed ..... shooting at the sky it get over exposed no matter how hard I try ..... so brought it back past reality with adjustments to the tone curve, highlights and Shadows

looking at the original RAW file really does show the detail the Sigma DPM can capture, even thought it is not a camera for shots like this ....... Sigma files can be strange with some colours

I like that a lot, something different but agree with Ned about the Ferry. Those Sigmas seem fantastic cameras especially at the current prices, providing you can live with the quirke's.

Have you tried cropping out the Ferry, what does it look like? possibly getting into letterbox mode?

I won't say i'm a fan of shots like these Bill, BUT cloning out all the bits of birds at the edge of the frame would be a big improvement.
2 on the RHS and 1 on the LHS.

It is just something different - taken with a Sigma DP3M

best I can do .... I've tidied the birds up

the boat is fine for me .... as taking it out would give more problems than it solves

Black_head_4.jpg

Last edited:
It is nice to see birds in flight on here, i just counted 39 threads on the first page but just 3 with fliers :meh: :indifferent:

Back