Black lives Matter- but not this one :)

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

It is of course a "Wild" Black Mink - these escaped from a Somerset Mink breeder a year or so back and are found living wild in certain
area's of the Somerset Levels

A very quick unexpected shot to be honest- so not technically good :(- still is is a WILD Mink :banana: 2nd time I've spotted these little murderers on the Levels

I did speak to an RSPB warden and I was informed they will put down traps ( when the Breeding season is over)

DSC08580 Black Mink by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure that they really do put traps down.
I've seen Mink traps here by water courses, lake mostly and we have a lot of lakes.
So at least "Someone" is doing it (y)

It might be a grab shot Les, but its fab. Love the eye contact

Cheers Steve- He saw me as I saw him :)

Seen a couple of times at Ham Wall Les, I'm not sure that they really do put traps down.

This was at Greylake Roger on the right hand side path :)

I've seen Mink traps here by water courses, lake mostly and we have a lot of lakes.
So at least "Someone" is doing it (y)

Lets hope so Chris - they kill Water Voles, which is a shame

Nice shot shame it was with a camera

Agreed - I do have a firearms certificate and Shotgun ticket too ( ex-gamekeeper) :)

Les

Brazen little blighters too, I've managed to get within 2 metres of them at Greylake before. In the 90's I was working in the highlands of Scotland and a group of people broke into a mink farm and released them all, we were trapping mink for months afterwards and we saw a decline in a lot of the local wildlife.

Brazen little blighters too, I've managed to get within 2 metres of them at Greylake before. In the 90's I was working in the highlands of Scotland and a group of people broke into a mink farm and released them all, we were trapping mink for months afterwards and we saw a decline in a lot of the local wildlife.

That was probably Animal Rights/ALF people. This release of 6000 mink in 1998 from a Ringwood,Hants farm by an ALF cell was a huge mistake by the police with catastrophic consequences for pets ,livestock and no doubt wildlife in the New Forest area. The decision to allow it to go ahead was done with good intentions. Article dated 2018 when an apology was given by the Met to Hampshire police. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rs-role-in-mass-release-of-mink-by-protesters

Back