Black Necked Grebe (few more added)

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
Not very often these drop in to Stoke On Trent? There was one last year in winter plumage and while nice to see just not the same as when they in breeding plumage, but wasn't expecting to see another anytime soon?

So when I heard there was one again in town had to go and spend a few hours to try and get a few pics as never seen one in breeding plumage before :)

Black Necked Grebe @ Westport Lake Staffs by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Black Necked Grebe by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Black Necked Grebe by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Stunning shots, i particularly like the 2nd one. Well done you n getting out there, work just seems to get in my way all too often.

I got a real good go at these chicks last Autumn
but never got these splendid adults… (y)(y)(y)

“Excellent” set of images Sir, well composed, good colour & fine detail.(y)

George.

stunning Mick, never seen one

Te captures are bang on again as is now the norm Mick! Get detail and low angle.

I can't remember if you have photoshop or not - if you do, try opening up a 'selective colour' adjustment layer, ten choose 'black' from the drop down menu and push the black slider to the right, I tried about 15 points. It makes the blacks a lot richer but doesn't really affect the rest of the shot.

Mike

Te captures are bang on again as is now the norm Mick! Get detail and low angle.

I can't remember if you have photoshop or not - if you do, try opening up a 'selective colour' adjustment layer, ten choose 'black' from the drop down menu and push the black slider to the right, I tried about 15 points. It makes the blacks a lot richer but doesn't really affect the rest of the shot.

Mike

Cheers Mike Will have a mess with the blacks :)

Back