Black necked Grebes

Excellent shot Mike. Just wish I could have got the light as your's look better with the sun on them.

Excellent Mike (y) At least you got low pov

I was there yesterday afternoon, all I got was a high pov looking over the reeds and straight into the sun :banghead::D

Simply a corker Mike,both bird and image. Mate what really floats my boat is the bkg,the colours seem like a washed out version of the bird almost,just lovely Mike. Buddy I know that eye is an amazing red and I also know I picked up on another red recently., maybe a tern?? Anyway again i find it slightly overpowering. Ahh mate I had to smile,the pov seems a bit higher than I oft see in your images,i might have just caught you out of the water for once:D

Belting frame buddy,I really like this,sorry being a bit nit picky(there is a degree of insecurity in me here mate),but this is how we learn I guess.

cheers

stu

Amazingly striking eye these birds have. :)

Cheers Roger, they rally are stunning birds in this plumage

Excellent shot Mike. Just wish I could have got the light as your's look better with the sun on them.

thanks Kevin, the sun really helps with the blacks - not so much the yellow feathers though - had a tough time not blowing them!

Lovely detail and colour, with a nice low POV. Very nice capture Mike (y)

Russ

Cheers Russ

Excellent Mike (y) At least you got low pov

I was there yesterday afternoon, all I got was a high pov looking over the reeds and straight into the sun :banghead::D

Ta Phil, a couple of people have said they were in the 'wrong' area before I got there - have to drop lucky sometimes!

Simply a corker Mike,both bird and image. Mate what really floats my boat is the bkg,the colours seem like a washed out version of the bird almost,just lovely Mike. Buddy I know that eye is an amazing red and I also know I picked up on another red recently., maybe a tern?? Anyway again i find it slightly overpowering. Ahh mate I had to smile,the pov seems a bit higher than I oft see in your images,i might have just caught you out of the water for once:D

Belting frame buddy,I really like this,sorry being a bit nit picky(there is a degree of insecurity in me here mate),but this is how we learn I guess.

cheers

stu

Ay up Stu, the red eye is rally intense, no issue of its a bit too much for you. On dry land this time - I'd love to get the floating hide in with these

Wonderful shot.

Appreciated John

Mike

Back