B&W Black rock cottage

Nice shot Steve, thats a famous location isnt it? I really must get up to Scotland one day.
Love the contrast, the cottage is really punchy.

Reactions: ST4
Obviously I have no idea what else is to the right, but I'd might have been temped to compose with the cottage just a tad further to the left of the shot, therefore getting the foreground rock a little more off centre.
Great locale though, and I like the PP.

Reactions: ST4
Obviously I have no idea what else is to the right, but I'd might have been temped to compose with the cottage just a tad further to the left of the shot, therefore getting the foreground rock a little more off centre.
Great locale though, and I like the PP.

I wish I had actually, sadly to the right was my mate armed with tripod and camera taking a similar picture but the composition as you say would be better

I feel it's all a bit too central in this one mate. You've done a great conversion, but the boulder is dead centre and the cottage is almost shielded by it.
The rock is well shot, but I feel there are better compositions available. I've just compared our images side by side however and it's made mine appear wonky, must rectify that.
It's a shame you didn't get slightly higher clouds with bags of atmosphere.

Lifts innit mate. Lift had the better spot to the right of me. Its an easy location to get to, I will shoot again. Its actually a 60sec exposure using the Lee Little stopper.
I'm sure you had time to swap over and take it in turns. Standing to the left would have got you a shot much like mine..

Back