Black & White: First Attempt

Very interesting finds. For me, shot 2's focus point is too far into the centre of photo as the keys are on 2 separate levels. It may be you were aiming to get the flower/plant growing over the keyboard though.

The 3 of them I feel would work better with some or a bit more clarity added in Photoshop.

Keep the abandonment shots coming!

Being dark is OK for me but the need mor clarity maybe and more highlights.
What method of processing are you using?

Here is an edit on #2. Potingthem bigger helps viewing them.

Not my shot 26 2016 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Ps you need to change your Flcikr setting I just downloaded this full size

Here is an edit on #2. Potingthem bigger helps viewing them.

Not my shot 26 2016 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Yep, I like that cropping. I'm not bothered by them being darker, it's more emotive that way I feel.

Very interesting finds. For me, shot 2's focus point is too far into the centre of photo as the keys are on 2 separate levels. It may be you were aiming to get the flower/plant growing over the keyboard though.

The 3 of them I feel would work better with some or a bit more clarity added in Photoshop.

Keep the abandonment shots coming!

I was aiming for the flowers but I now see that the depth of field could have been a bit narrower. :)

My main impression is that they are rather dark.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks, I use Camera Raw 9.0 in Photoshop for basic editing. I did up the clarity slightly, but probably needed a bit more. I have changed my settings, thanks for that. :)

Yep, I like that cropping. I'm not bothered by them being darker, it's more emotive that way I feel.
You need to lift the highlights and midtones a bit I did and felt it improved the image.
Often clarity is up to between 25 and 50 and the same for contrast.

Last edited:
Back