Blackbird

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken yesterday. I've been trying out some selective processing, Sharpening the bird, and blurring the background. Whilst the bird posed quite nicely, the top of the fence wasn't the best spot. Taken through the kitchen window, handheld at 250mm.

1/250 Sec F5.6 @ISO640

IMG_0975.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C please.

(y) Thats pretty damn good through glass mate...the eye really pops too.

I find the plant on the right a little distracting, but the bird looks sharp and well detailed, and a good pose to boot. (y)
Your windows must be very clean, every photo I've tried taking through a window always ends up washed out and very pale looking.

Thanks. Wasn't sure what to do about the plant. I did consider cropping it, but thought that would take the right hand side to close to the birds head. I'm not sure I could clone it out either, my PP skills are not the best. I wouldn't say my windows are particularly clean, but leaning in close to the glass at an angle, and RAW processing seems to be able to deal with it ok.

I wouldn't say my windows are particularly clean, but leaning in close to the glass at an angle, and RAW processing seems to be able to deal with it ok.

I'll have to try that, everytime I even think about opening the back door all the birds fly away! :shrug:

:agree: with Stuart. Not bad at all to say it's taken through glass.

Peppy, that's why I don't open anything as it scare them off. I figure it's worth a try and snap a few and see what I get at the end.

Thanks Lammie.

great shot through a kitchen window, all i can see through mine is the good ladies not so smalls

Thanks Elvis

I need to clean my windows too, the bird looks pretty sharp, any tips for cleaning windows JGS001?

Thanks very much. Beanos sorry not really, other than have a window cleaner do it, that's what we do.

I need to clean my windows too, the bird looks pretty sharp, any tips for cleaning windows JGS001?

Perhaps Photoshop can include a window cleaning function in the next version LOL

Paul

Back