Blackpool Fireworks 2016

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Well after a 3 hour drive from Leeds which normally takes 1 and a half i arrived with 25mins left to Park up and run like Billy Whizz to the beach.
Very Windy night Tripod Holding wind, lined up the Camera and off i went 15 mins of shooting, I need to do the converged verticals on some but i didn't think i did too bad.
Camera was A7Rii Metabones V4 and Canon 24-70 F4 lens at 28mm. I enclose link to Album for all Exif into if interested
thanks

https://flic.kr/s/aHskJDo21A

The country specifics of the night are as follows Friday 16th September – Slovakia, Privatex Pyro

DSC03455 by tobamory, on Flickr
DSC03420 by tobamory, on Flickr
DSC03448 by tobamory, on Flickr

i like those.
away from the normally dense black images seen, these present a sense of an etherial feel.

Great exposure, and good amount of movement in the Fireworks. :clap: :) I'm not sure about the pier not being level though. :thinking: Unless they are crops though, you may lose a lot of the bottom, and some of the Fireworks on the right if you try to fix the lens distortion and straighten them.

Yeah thanks Red i do have the Straight ones on my other machine i did the Transform perspective thing after i noticed the tower falling into the sea :p

Nice shots but I'm afraid the distortion is spoiling them. Correction probably means losing a big chunk of the image unfortunately. Difficult when you're in a rush and it's blowing a hoolie but need to make sure that camera is level when shooting any structures. Kudos for making the effort though. (y)

comp4.jpg

Thanks Craig, this is the corrected one, i know you now know what the original looked like, but is this any better ?
It does distort the plumes a little

Had a bit of a mare when it all kicked off so i was more concerned in missing shots than Level, but I'm back there this week so i,ll make sure i am this time :)

Last edited:
It's USA this Friday, if it's same time then it's 8.30pm north pier

I much prefer the corrected image, lovely work (y)

Back