Blackrock cottage, Glencoe....

I do like this. I've seen many shots of this cottage but you have got the building pin sharp and the ominous cloud in the background adds to the package......nice.

nice shot robert
any snow up there yet ?
did you not go up the glen for the stags ?

nice shot robert
any snow up there yet ?
did you not go up the glen for the stags ?
Thanks
Hardly any snow. Didn't go up the Glen this time.
We stayed at the Clachaig inn for our anniversary so it wasn't really a photo trip :)
Was pleased to get this one on our way home though.

Something a little bit different to the tiny white house in the massive landscape and it works.

Nice Bob. The sublte light on the cottage and forground seperates it from the dark and moody conditions on The Buachaille, typical Glencoe. (y)

Interesting take and I think it works overall, even if the black cloud is overcooked (or underexposed to be more precise). The photo is tilted left quite clearly and needs corrected. The bush on the right is not needed.

Interesting take and I think it works overall, even if the black cloud is overcooked (or underexposed to be more precise). The photo is tilted left quite clearly and needs corrected. The bush on the right is not needed.
Thanks,
I've looked at the angles, and played around with it. In my take above the chimneys are mainly straight, but the walls are angled. If I alter it, to me it doesn't look right, so i actually prefer it the way it is.

Back