Blakester's 52 for 2021 - Week 34 added - Glass(es) "Self Portrait"

On a bit of a roll today seeing as it was a stay in the house kinda day. Here is my take on Fruit.
Hopefully viewers can tell what it is but just in case it's not apparent, it represents a pineapple, well half of one at least ;)

Week 1 - Fruit by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Just catching up on all the posts I love the lens ball and hands, beautifully captured and executed. Shadows are perfect.

I got pineapple straight away and love your vision, thinking outside the box is becoming a thing this year :) again stunning composition with perfect shadows.
I look forward to seeing more of your out of the box posts this year.

Just catching up on all the posts I love the lens ball and hands, beautifully captured and executed. Shadows are perfect.

I got pineapple straight away and love your vision, thinking outside the box is becoming a thing this year :) again stunning composition with perfect shadows.
I look forward to seeing more of your out of the box posts this year.

Thank you Heather, I will do my best with some lateral thinking but can't promise it'll be every week :D

Very cleverly done for both images. A bar has been set ;)

Thanks Helen, don't know about the bar being set, let's just wait and see what this week brings. I may be back down to earth with a bump :D

I really like the pineapple in particular, a very imaginative idea and very skilful in the setup :)

Very Clever, you must have plenty of time on your hands, I wonder why....

Nice little story, good lighting and the props work well.

Pete

Another brilliant take!

The only tiny negative for me is a little inconsistency between the vignettes, with the 3rd pic looking a little bright against the first two.

Very Clever, you must have plenty of time on your hands, I wonder why....

Nice little story, good lighting and the props work well.

Pete

:D Thanks Pete, yes certainly too much time on my hands..

I think that's brilliant, very imaginative!

Thanks Paul (y)

Very clever take on the theme

Thank you Paul (y)

Another brilliant take!

The only tiny negative for me is a little inconsistency between the vignettes, with the 3rd pic looking a little bright against the first two.

Thanks Nick, I completely agree about the inconsistency and have gone back and worked on it a bit more. It's still not balanced but think I will leave it there, PABD as they say haha!

Taking on board @NickD bang on point observation of my image of this week, I've tweaked it slightly to try and balance it a bit more. It's still not quite right but PABD eh?

Dirty by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Not enough pictures. You forgot the ones where the paperclips are sitting back to back and then the one in which one of the paperclips is sitting with someone else while the first one sits on their own with only several tiny paperclips for company. I've obviously led a sad life :cool:

Clever triptych though.

This gets my Clever Clogs of the Week award. Very well executed :)

Not enough pictures. You forgot the ones where the paperclips are sitting back to back and then the one in which one of the paperclips is sitting with someone else while the first one sits on their own with only several tiny paperclips for company. I've obviously led a sad life :cool:

Clever triptych though.

:D Thanks Martin.

Very clever and well done. Nice lighting and well thought through!

Thank you (y)

This gets my Clever Clogs of the Week award. Very well executed :)

:) Cheers Dave

Just brilliant Iain. Although I must admit "dirty" wasn't my first thought until I saw the title. More "this is life".

Super picky though, and the resulting images are fab. Great idea, well executed.

Very well thought out Iain a great twist on the theme.
And yes, the edit is better IMO.

I love this, its amazing the depths of our draws and and our hard drives we are delving into to bring things to the challenge. I am getting more and more into creative photography whilst in lockdown and enjoy an image that stirs an emotion.
Thank you for sharing and putting a smile on my face, beautifully composed.

Dirty
Very nice, I've always liked a storyboard type shot(s), you can say so much more than with just a single shot.

Just brilliant Iain. Although I must admit "dirty" wasn't my first thought until I saw the title. More "this is life".

Super picky though, and the resulting images are fab. Great idea, well executed.

Ian, thanks for your comments, always welcome and appreciated.

Very well thought out Iain a great twist on the theme.
And yes, the edit is better IMO.

Cheers Chris (y)

I love this, its amazing the depths of our draws and and our hard drives we are delving into to bring things to the challenge. I am getting more and more into creative photography whilst in lockdown and enjoy an image that stirs an emotion.
Thank you for sharing and putting a smile on my face, beautifully composed.

Thanks Heather, such kind comments :)

Love it. I agree that the re-edit is an improvement as it balances the light better across the shots.

Thanks Tim.

Dirty
Very nice, I've always liked a storyboard type shot(s), you can say so much more than with just a single shot.

Thank you Dominic.

Dirty - I like the story board idea its a clever take on the theme. I agree the edit is better.

Really creative, that's a great image that immediately put a smile on my face. I like the lighting too. Fantastic

This is a lovely image - a step up? (Hope I haven't put my foot in it) :LOL: Lovely construction of the subject and then nicely lit and captured. The black background works well - I could picture the 'sculpture' framed on a wall.

Really creative, that's a great image that immediately put a smile on my face. I like the lighting too. Fantastic

Thanks Jim (y)

This is a lovely image - a step up? (Hope I haven't put my foot in it) :LOL: Lovely construction of the subject and then nicely lit and captured. The black background works well - I could picture the 'sculpture' framed on a wall.
All fabulous!

:D Thank you

Yeah... So when the theme came up I thought it was a bit like chucking you in the briar patch. Probably next week it'll be cutlery :)

Great images as usual, and they always make me smile. I can quite easily see post 69 printed big and as a feature image on a wall somewhere. Lovely stuff Iain.

Yeah... So when the theme came up I thought it was a bit like chucking you in the briar patch. Probably next week it'll be cutlery :)

Great images as usual, and they always make me smile. I can quite easily see post 69 printed big and as a feature image on a wall somewhere. Lovely stuff Iain.

Ian, when the theme came out I thought "this couldn't be more up my street" but I did think I will have to do something a little different to my past images.
This lockdown is pushing me towards still life images and I have lucked in so far but I do yearn to get out and about with my camera.

Thanks for looking in and adding such kind comments.

Blakester, you do realise that there is a world out here don't you? You really should get out more!

Only kidding, I don't know which is my favourite, I think they are all charming.

Back