Blakester's 52 for 2021 - Week 34 added - Glass(es) "Self Portrait"

Blakester, you do realise that there is a world out here don't you? You really should get out more!

Only kidding, I don't know which is my favourite, I think they are all charming.

:ROFLMAO: Cheers Martin, yes I definitely want/intend to get out with my camera but these themes and my ideas for them have lent themselves to still life.
Thanks for looking in and commenting, it's much appreciated (y)

The main image of the feet is great, although being picky I see the bottom of each foot as being too narrow. Assuming you have some artificial lighting in use, it's well handled. Your other images are great too and very imaginative

The main image of the feet is great, although being picky I see the bottom of each foot as being too narrow. Assuming you have some artificial lighting in use, it's well handled. Your other images are great too and very imaginative
Thanks Stuart, I see your point now you have mentioned it. Unfortunately, it is done now and I've packed it all away haha.
Thanks again for looking in and commenting, much appreciated

That's really nice - very well done.

Very creative Iain I remember your clever stone images from the past, and this one doesn't disappoint either

That's a classic 'you' shot, as I remember from previous 52s. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

I really like that. I have made similar pieces in the past but have given them away. I like the feet best and I love the blue.

Very creative again - nice selection of images, and I like the one you have picked for the main thread best.

Thank you, the main one chosen was my favourite too and my initial idea when the theme was announced.

super duper, something more than just a photo.

Thanks David, glad you took a little more from it.

That's really nice - very well done.

Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

Stone
Nice and creative. Have you used a blue gel or are the pebbles slightly blue?

Thanks Dominic. No, no blue gel used. I used an led light that I have for portraits, it is daylight balanced so I think the blue tint was coming from that.

Very creative! Really like all the pebble shots!

Thanks Paul.

Very creative Iain I remember your clever stone images from the past, and this one doesn't disappoint either

Cheers Chris, the theme was right up my street, I found it difficult to steer away from my chosen subject.

That's a classic 'you' shot, as I remember from previous 52s. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Thanks Nick, I do like pebbles haha.

I really like that. I have made similar pieces in the past but have given them away. I like the feet best and I love the blue.

Thank you, these were just arranged in that composition and deconstructed afterwards but I have seen similar that are framed.

Super shot for the theme Iain, I’ve made a few stone pictures, they’re good fun aren’t they, it’s not always easy to find just the right stones though, that must have taken some time. I wish I’d done one for the theme now :)

Yes, I enjoy the search for just the right stones as much as creating the images. Thanks for looking in Susie, much appreciated.

Superb, i prefer the first photo of the feet, They remind me of the logo for Gnome Linux but they are all cleverly thought out.
Did you try converting any of them to black and white to enhance the textures of the stones ?

Superb, i prefer the first photo of the feet, They remind me of the logo for Gnome Linux but they are all cleverly thought out.
Did you try converting any of them to black and white to enhance the textures of the stones ?

Thanks Simon.
I tried a B&W conversion but preferred the colour tones in the pebbles.

Great image and imaginative composition. Can't fault it.
Love the bunnies btw..

Thanks Helen.

That's classy!

I cant offer anything other than that. Exposure, composition, moment... all spot on.
I particularly love the way the figures' face is lit by the 5.

Fabulous ... Huge tallness, plus loving the FG wetness and reflection emphasis.

That's classy!

I cant offer anything other than that. Exposure, composition, moment... all spot on.
I particularly love the way the figures' face is lit by the 5.

Thanks Nick, fortunately I didn't have long to wait before someone walked past. I have shot this before for a different project and security were all over me. Happily this time it shoot and go before they woke up :)

Fabulous ... Huge tallness, plus loving the FG wetness and reflection emphasis.

Thanks David, fortunate conditions for this shot (y)

Wooo ... love #2 & #3 ... architecture is my new favourite passion.

Thanks David. I do like a bit of architecture.
Look up David Garthwaite for architectural photography. My camera group had a presentation from David last week. I love what he shoots and fancy having a go myself but it will have to wait until restrictions are lifted as it's a bit more deliberate and involved than what I shot this morning.

Prefer your original as it has brilliant composition and lighting. Of the rejects No 2 is my favourite as the angles all fit together nicely.

Your chosen theme pick for Tall just beats the contenders, well spotted. Though I do like the architectural ones especially where the open sky has been framed to enter/exit the image

By 'eck, you do live in a photographic area. Round here it's all sheep, trees and rocks so once we've had the theme of sheep, I'm just about done for the year.

Excellent pictures, one can tell you know what you are doing.

Prefer your original as it has brilliant composition and lighting. Of the rejects No 2 is my favourite as the angles all fit together nicely.

Thanks Nick, I'm pleased with how fruitful my short walk to work was. The city of London was made for this week's theme.

Your chosen theme pick for Tall just beats the contenders, well spotted. Though I do like the architectural ones especially where the open sky has been framed to enter/exit the image

Thanks Stuart.

By 'eck, you do live in a photographic area. Round here it's all sheep, trees and rocks so once we've had the theme of sheep, I'm just about done for the year.

Excellent pictures, one can tell you know what you are doing.

Thanks for such kind comments Martin.
I live out in the sticks a bit too, but as mentioned above, this was on my way to work which is a bit of an ideal area for this week's theme.
The main reason for me doing the 52 this year was to try and recapture my photography mojo.
Thanks again.

Great street shot Iain, I like the one you've chosen the best. Great colours, great processing.

Great street shot Iain, I like the one you've chosen the best. Great colours, great processing.

Thanks Bill, much appreciated.

Really Nice photo for wk4, everything seems ticketyboo. Any idea why it's a 5?

Pete

Thanks Pete (y)
The number 5 is the building number, it's an office block in Broadgate Circus just round the corner from Liverpool Street Station.

Loving the 5. It's amazing how despite working 1/4 mile from there for a couple of years I'd never seen that. The City hides so many gems.
I do know where tall1 is though. That's the HPE building on Wood Street. Many is the time I've been up in those horrible glass lifts.

Anyway. I agree with your choice of shot there. The reflections in the wet work really nicely and it's great to have the human element to add scale. (y)

Loving the 5. It's amazing how despite working 1/4 mile from there for a couple of years I'd never seen that. The City hides so many gems.
I do know where tall1 is though. That's the HPE building on Wood Street. Many is the time I've been up in those horrible glass lifts.

Anyway. I agree with your choice of shot there. The reflections in the wet work really nicely and it's great to have the human element to add scale. (y)

Thanks Tim, I agree, the city does have so many hidden gems. I do enjoy a wander around the city.
The wet ground was an added bonus as I feel it has helped lift the shot and I think the person was necessary to paint the picture for the theme.
Thanks again.

I think I’d have been happy to submit any of your rejects.

All excellent. Beautifully composed and processed.

I think some of the others do immediately say ‘tall’ more the submission, but as I love the shot, I’m not going to argue the toss. It’s still a very tall 5.

Sometimes I love living on the coast and other times (like when I see towering architectural photos) I really wish there were some sky high buildings around here! All super photos but I think the main one was the best choice, very appropriate for the times we’re living in, super colour and composition.

Back