Blakester's 52 for 2021 - Week 34 added - Glass(es) "Self Portrait"

Great colours and good interpretation of the theme.

I really like the bold colours in both of these shots. They sit together well too.

You've handled the exposure and lighting really nicely, and I agree the two doors are like a number 11. The weights certainly have lots of numbers on them too.

Sorry but you've failed on a PABD :LOL:

:D Thanks Bebop, must work harder on my PABD shots next time.

Great colours and good interpretation of the theme.

Thank you Martin.

The doors shot has me asking the question, "are they the front and side door for the same house?"
Because the left hand one is slightly smaller and set back. So not PABD, as it begs a question :)

Thanks for looking in Tim. I don't quite know what the set up is with the doors, begs a question right enough..

But what a physique.
I don't think my action man ever washed his clothes.
I like how you've separated the background. It's a great set up and fills the criteria of the theme nicely.

But what a physique.
I don't think my action man ever washed his clothes.
I like how you've separated the background. It's a great set up and fills the criteria of the theme nicely.

Thanks Dominic, my neighbours must think I'm nuts lying out on my decking taking photos of a naked ActionMan :D

haha, great take on the theme, really good composition and the background is nice and unfussy. Put a smile on my face, well done.

Wow. Do they even do Action Man any more? At least he's sexless which will appeal to the woke generation.

Love the image, which did make me smile, but not as much as the thought of your neigbours thinking WTF when looking at you. A nice careful composition as usual that works really well for me.

(y)

Super set up and theme tick :)

Wow. Do they even do Action Man any more? At least he's sexless which will appeal to the woke generation.

Love the image, which did make me smile, but not as much as the thought of your neigbours thinking WTF when looking at you. A nice careful composition as usual that works really well for me.

(y)

Thanks Ian, really my whole intention for this was to raise a smile, so I'm pleased that it got the reaction.
I had to go up into my loft to fetch the action man from storage. It belongs to one of my daughters Lisa, who is now 27 haha.

excellent take on the theme

Thanks Allan, much appreciated.

Super set up and theme tick :)

Thanks Dave.

Should that not have an NSFW warning? :giggle:

Nice setup and thought out.

:D thank you Stan.

Brilliantly daft!

I like how there's impatience in his stance.

Thanks Nick, I'm having that, "brilliantly daft" that's the best critique ever :D

Really good. Yet another very imaginative take on the theme :)

Thank you, kind comments indeed.

Toys
Its a great image, definitely gave me a laugh. The background works well and adds to the overall concept

Thanks Stuart.

Great fun take on theme Iain, made me laugh.

Thanks Dave, glad it raised a laugh.

Great picture, perhaps he knows the naked Barbie I saw on another thread!

Thanks Simon..he may well do :D

Agree with Dominic. Love the lighting and I think it's really imaginative.

The OCD tidy person in me sees a slope up from left to right. Deliberate hill or optical illusion? Probably wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't trying to figure out whether I would like a (vertically) central subject with a bit more room on the bottom.

I'm splitting hairs though Iain. I think it's a fab image and it made me smile.

The lighting on the artificial image is great, maybe it's just me but I'm confused by the composition. Is it the fact the diamond is man made?

Nice take on the theme and well shot :)

Artificial
It's very good and imaginative. Great light and composition as always.

Thank you Dominic, I am very happy with it because as I mentioned I struggled with the theme this week.

Agree with Dominic. Love the lighting and I think it's really imaginative.

The OCD tidy person in me sees a slope up from left to right. Deliberate hill or optical illusion? Probably wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't trying to figure out whether I would like a (vertically) central subject with a bit more room on the bottom.

I'm splitting hairs though Iain. I think it's a fab image and it made me smile.

Thanks Ian, you're quite correct it does slope a little and I can't really give a reason why I didn't correct it haha.

The lighting on the artificial image is great, maybe it's just me but I'm confused by the composition. Is it the fact the diamond is man made?

Thanks Stuart.
The 'diamond' being artificial was the simple thought process behind the shot. I included the little figure to add scale. There was another little figure I tried to include but couldn't get it in a position I was happy with, so left it out. Compositionally, I would have liked a third element for balance but couldn't get it to work.

Nice take on the theme and well shot :)

Thanks Dave.

Love this. Perfect artificial diamond - not an occlusion in sight ha ha! Such a great idea. Really nicely captured.

Thank you Bebop.

Another great and imaginative shot.

Thanks helen.

Love this shot. Love the simplicity, the lighting, the composition and the tones. Great shot and well worth the wait!

Your Toys shot made me smile Iain, really well set up too with the mini washing line.

Another well thought out one for this week ..... super reflection.

Thank you Susie.

If I ever struggle as much as you for images I'd be over the moon, great and well thought out shot.

:D thanks Dave. The thing with this theme was that I normally try and put the theme into a phrase. It helps with ideas I find. All I could come up with was artificial light and artificial intelligence. I struggled to come up with any ideas from them. Then, my 5 year grandson and I were playing and the 'diamond' was treasure. I thought I could do something with the ahem diamond. The little figure was included for scale. I was going to use a penny as it is a similar size.

That's beautifully done... Bravo!

Thanks Nick.

Love this shot. Love the simplicity, the lighting, the composition and the tones. Great shot and well worth the wait!

Thank you Joan.

Week 21 - Pattern(s)
Out of the gate early for me this week. Continuing the theme of the fruit shape, I had come up with a few more ideas.
I'm not entirely convinced these are on theme so I may shoot something else if I get the chance.

Kiwi Star by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Lemon Diamond by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Lime Hexagon by Iain Blake, on Flickr

And finally the above images as a triptych.

Fruit Shapes by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Patterns
I reckon they fit the theme well. The kiwi and slices of lime have patterns in themselves, the lemon not so much, but the added patterns you've made with your compositions, means they're all working for the theme.

The kiwis and the limes are the best. You've already done the tech but these two are classic 'negative space' pictures

Patterns
I reckon they fit the theme well. The kiwi and slices of lime have patterns in themselves, the lemon not so much, but the added patterns you've made with your compositions, means they're all working for the theme.

Thanks Dominic, I did look up the definition of pattern I thought my shots may loosely fit that definition haha.

The kiwis and the limes are the best. You've already done the tech but these two are classic 'negative space' pictures

Thanks Martin.

Back