Blakester's 52 for 2021 - Week 34 added - Glass(es) "Self Portrait"

Good to see you back Iain (y)
That is a cracking start, and up to your usual standard

What a great take on the theme Iain, nicely controlled lighting and just love the whole image.

Thanks Dave (y)

How !!!
The crystal ball appears to be floating. masked out a stand perhaps?
Love it. The darkness makes it mysterious.

Thanks Tim, it's difficult to make out on the image but there is a small black plastic ring which I use to sit the ball on. Not masked out or anything just lost in the shadow.

Cobra, post: 8863718, member: 1870"]
Good to see you back Iain (y)
That is a cracking start, and up to your usual standard
[/QUOTE]

Cheers Chris, good to be back and hoping I can kickstart my photography mojo. (y)

Oh boy... The standard has been set :)

If I'd done this there's be a reflection of me squinting into my camera viewfinder. Nicely controlled reflections, subtle lighting, really very nice.

Oh boy... The standard has been set :)

If I'd done this there's be a reflection of me squinting into my camera viewfinder. Nicely controlled reflections, subtle lighting, really very nice.

Haha, cheers Ian, I won't deny there had to be a little bit of photoshoppery to remove my reflection ;)

My favourite so far for Week 1. Very imaginative. I'm going to steal this idea for a future photo.

Someone has too much time on their hands! I like it. Spotted the pineapple immediately.

That’s clever, very nicely done! It was immediately obvious what it was as well, must’ve take a while to set up though?

I can see we're going to have to work hard to keep up with your shots this year !
That is indeed excellent use and control of shadows to form the image (y)

Haha, thanks Tim, it's early days and I'm full of enthusiasm but am sure I will have those post and be damned moments/themes.

Someone has too much time on their hands! I like it. Spotted the pineapple immediately.

Haha, cheers Martin. You're not the first to say that :ROFLMAO:

That’s clever, very nicely done! It was immediately obvious what it was as well, must’ve take a while to set up though?

Thanks (y), not too long really. I've shot a couple of similar images a few years ago, so had practiced the set up process before.

Both very good images.
I spotted it was a pineapple pretty quickly, so you've obviously done your job well.

What a fantastic take on the theme, really well executed and totally unique. Great stuff.

Nearby - great shot the ball does indeed seem to be floating.
Fruit - Very clever set up great use of shadows.
looking forward to seeing more of your shots

*Note to self* - Must try harder! :ROFLMAO:

Both great ideas, both beautifully executed.

My favourite so far for Week 1. Very imaginative. I'm going to steal this idea for a future photo.

Thanks Rob. Apologies, I missed your post yesterday, I think we may have cross posted.
I look forward to your take on it.

Both very good images.
I spotted it was a pineapple pretty quickly, so you've obviously done your job well.

Thanks Dominic. Glad you got it.

Agree great use of the shadows, very clever shot.

Cheers Dave.

What a fantastic take on the theme, really well executed and totally unique. Great stuff.

Thanks Jim.

Wow, both of your photos are amazing! Well composed and very clever, looking forward to seeing more of yours! :)

Thanks Tom.

Nearby - great shot the ball does indeed seem to be floating.
Fruit - Very clever set up great use of shadows.
looking forward to seeing more of your shots

Thank you Minx.

I can only echo what others have said.

Not only very well executed, but great ideas behind them both.

Thanks Kell

*Note to self* - Must try harder! :ROFLMAO:

Both great ideas, both beautifully executed.

:ROFLMAO: Cheers Nick

Note to self ’I must try to think outside the box’ :) What a great idea, it works perfectly and makes for a very eye catching shot as does your week 0 submission. I know I’m going to really enjoy following your thread.

Thanks Susie (y)

Another very imaginative shot Iain (y)

Back