Blancpain GT @ Silverstone

TMT

Name
Kalvin
Edit My Images
Yes
A selection from the awesome Blancpain Series - well over 50 cars on track!

#2 Brooklands @ 1/15

#5 stacked TC @784mm

Last edited:
No2 is great (y)

Big bucks for a 200-400! Great photos and its nice to see the lens being aimed at something i love!
Watched the sprint at Brands, but find silverstone too flat!

I was lucky enough to get it before the price went through the roof.

Nice images on the whole there - spot on from a technical POV. Colours look a little muted though, I appreciate the the light wasn't great but think you could find a little more natural pop in post, also sharpening looks like its just gone a little OTT, the jaggies are creeping in (although again could be your image hosting?)

Thank you. Yes, I don't tend to mess with the colours - I prefer understated to garish - also, most of the shots were through the fence, which will have some affect on colours/contrast, etc. For example, the effects of the fence can clearly be seen on the front end of the car in #4. I will, however, experiment with saturation/vibrancy boosting on my next set. As far as the 'jaggies' are concerned, they are not evident in the full sized images, only present in the reduced size ones here.

Thank you. Yes, I don't tend to mess with the colours - I prefer understated to garish - also, most of the shots were through the fence, which will have some affect on colours/contrast, etc. For example, the effects of the fence can clearly be seen on the front end of the car in #4. I will, however, experiment with saturation/vibrancy boosting on my next set. As far as the 'jaggies' are concerned, they are not evident in the full sized images, only present in the reduced size ones here.

Good stuff [emoji16] agree with you on pushing saturation too far, do you shoot raw? The reason I ask is that mine also look a bit muted SOC and always require a bit of adjustment to HSL sliders to get images back to how it looked when shooting, In jpeg the camera automatically applies some processing to colours. I think I asked you about Using Flickr to host images before - I assume that's a personal choice but have always found the quality to be great for this sort of thing. Anyways didn't mean to sound overly critical, your shots look good [emoji106]

That's a great set. Not easy taking these shots with that degree of motion blur. Well done.

A

Some fantastic shots in your collection, I like number 5 a lot, however number 2 is awesome...!! Were these taken inside or outside the fences.?

Good stuff [emoji16] agree with you on pushing saturation too far, do you shoot raw? The reason I ask is that mine also look a bit muted SOC and always require a bit of adjustment to HSL sliders to get images back to how it looked when shooting, In jpeg the camera automatically applies some processing to colours. I think I asked you about Using Flickr to host images before - I assume that's a personal choice but have always found the quality to be great for this sort of thing. Anyways didn't mean to sound overly critical, your shots look good [emoji106]
I only shoot JPEG and process with Photoshop. No problems with the criticisms - I have learnt a lot from people on this forum - both by looking at their sets/techniques and applying any feedback they give to my sets. My photos have improved a lot since I started 10 years ago, mainly due to this forum and 'togs like yourself offering tips - which is always appreciated!

That's a great set. Not easy taking these shots with that degree of motion blur. Well done.

A
Thank you. It's always a challenge and the keeper rate is very, very low - but worth if for a successful shot!

Some fantastic shots in your collection, I like number 5 a lot, however number 2 is awesome...!! Were these taken inside or outside the fences.?
Thank you. All taken outside/through the fence.

Back