Blea tarn sunrise reflections

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to Blea tarn for my first outing of the year today I was tired after N/S yesterday and today was a better forecast. I arrived in better time than I expected and had the place to myself for over an hour.

The water was still and there was just enough cloud I almost left too early but got my tripod back out and was glad I did I am not one for quitting early usually.

Before sunrise

Blea tarn reflection 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

after sunrise

Blea tarn reflection 4 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Blea tarn reflection by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Blea tarn reflection 3 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Last edited:
Classic views all of them. All nice but gthe last 2 floats me boat :D

Really like these. Numebr 2 is the best IMO.

I got out into the lakes a few times over christmas but each day was greeted with flat grey skies and low cloud. Still good to be out!

Classic views all of them. All nice but gthe last 2 floats me boat :D

Thanks Dave

Lovely, I think the last is my favourite.

Thanks Tom

That's a really nice set Alf, and they work well in sequence. 3rd is my favourite.

Thanks Toni

lovely Alf, all of them.

Thanks Mick

These are the best pictures I’ve seen on here taken in the winter months of this spot.

With two I’d clone out the jet trail on the far left.

High praise indeed Steve I considered get rid of the contail and if printing I think I would

Lovely set, no 2 is my favourite of the lot.

Thanks Alan

Really like these. Numebr 2 is the best IMO.

I got out into the lakes a few times over christmas but each day was greeted with flat grey skies and low cloud. Still good to be out!

Thanks Ben
A bit of luck is required with weather but sometimes you have to help the luck along with following a weather forecast and frequent trips

Been back to this already just to drool. I love the last. The slightly stronger light just makes it pop. What an amazing way to start this year.

I was getting light like that very breifly and this was shot handheld with my second camera while the other was the tripod no fliter so it neede more work in PP

Aside from being genuinely really nice photos they are also really nice and sharp. The upload doesnt seem to have lost any detail from the images. When I upload to flicker and this website I often think some of the detail is lost making it look soft.

Do you do any downsizing or processing etc ready for uploading online?

Thanks
Ben

Aside from being genuinely really nice photos they are also really nice and sharp. The upload doesnt seem to have lost any detail from the images. When I upload to flicker and this website I often think some of the detail is lost making it look soft.

Do you do any downsizing or processing etc ready for uploading online?

Thanks
Ben

Thanks Ben
Export Jpegs from LR to be 1600 on the longest edge and load them to Flickr then post at 1024 size so not too much resizing possibly.

Very nice set as a whole but for me the opening image is the winner. The calming tones really make me feel peaceful viewing it.

Thanks Gareth

They are so inspiring Alf - well done lovely shots

Thanks Chris thats high praise

Back