Blea Tarn this morning...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
This one's definitely one for @SFTPhotography not my bag at all though, give me clouds and mood any day of the week but had friends over so went out to meet up with them. Was grand to be out and to see none the less....

Blea Tarn by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Very nicely done Martin I'm certainly in the same camp when it comes to clouds etc, planning an early alarm call tomorrow and heading out for sunrise so a little reluctant as similar conditions forecast here Snowdonia finger crossed. and thank you for sharing
Regards
Kevin

While I am also of the opinion that clouds would be better I like the shot and you have to work with what you get. At least the water was still and you got something there has been too much wind lately.

A beautiful image, well captured and rendered- and well done for being there at the right time:)

This, if you ask me, is one of the very best pictures to come out of the Lake District this year and one of your all time greats.

Whilst clear blue skies and reflections aren’t everyone’s idea of mood and atmosphere they most certainly are mine. The stillness and serenity of this is truly good for the soul. Sure clouds are good but so are clear skies too particularly if the shapes of the mountains, stillness (if water present) light and shadows can carry the scene. Here - they can.

I love it and would not change a single thing about the conditions.

The processing stands out as being particularly good and the only thing that stands out is it’s not quite 50:50 with a bit more on the bottom than the top.

Last edited:
I've come back to this several times just to drool and feel uplifted - it really is an image that stirrs the soul. I far prefer this to the Assynt pictures you posted. See being ultra picky - might crop from the bottom to even it out so there is an even amount of sky and water losing the far most tree on the rhs.

This is the sort of picture I would want to see win LPOTY. I just love it.

Last edited:
Very nicely done Martin I'm certainly in the same camp when it comes to clouds etc, planning an early alarm call tomorrow and heading out for sunrise so a little reluctant as similar conditions forecast here Snowdonia finger crossed. and thank you for sharing
Regards
Kevin
While I am also of the opinion that clouds would be better I like the shot and you have to work with what you get. At least the water was still and you got something there has been too much wind lately.
A beautiful image, well captured and rendered- and well done for being there at the right time:)
That is a lovely image, with or without clouds. :)
Excellent.
Thanks guys :)

I've come back to this several times just to drool and feel uplifted - it really is an image that stirrs the soul. I far prefer this to the Assynt pictures you posted. See being ultra picky - might crop from the bottom to even it out so there is an even amount of sky and water losing the far most tree on the rhs.

This is the sort of picture I would want to see win LPOTY. I just love it.
Haha cheers mate. I'm sure I cropped it so it was 50:50 but then tried a different crop and I must have stepped back twice instead of once when I didn't like the crop I tried and didn't notice. I knew you'd like it though. I've seen Blea Tarn like this once before, however it only lasted a few minutes. Yesterday it was like this for the 5 hours I spent wandering around!

Back