Blind photo dates

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Ah...the good ol' intraweb. I've met a couple of good pals via online gaming and I've recently had a PM from a guy on the FM forums which says:

Hi milou

Do you live near to the spit. I live in Milford on Sea and look over the spit and Needles. It would be good to meet up if you were local.

Cheers

Tristan

I've given him my email - his FM sig says: 20D,18-55mm, 100-400mmL, 300mm 2.8L. Will report on developments.

I have met and made good friend through my interest in photography and web based photography forums. Just recently Matt and I met wit Ian_uk of here down at Silverstone and we have kept in touch since. Previously I met several members from here (staff) and some of the OcuK guys as well from when I used to be active there (cykey/PeteMC, Dave) spring to mind.

So the oppotunities are there and when you all get together its very interesting to see how the "same" pictures turn out differently.

Obviously take care when meeting a stranger for the first time, but by being sensible its an excellent way to meet like minded people that regularly become friends. :)

Oh aye cheers

Any trouble and I'll grab the 300L and cheese it [smilie=n:

I have met loads of good friends through either car forums (Subaru) or more recently photography forum.

As Steve said i met both him and Matt at Silverstone, and we had a great day, apart from the last 30 minutes when it chucked down ! lol

Shouldnt be too much risk involved, but always be a little careful.

You can and will make good friends online !

I've meet 5-6 peeps via online gaming - I reguarly see a couple of 'em. The first time I took my wife along as moral support and so did Chris who I met.

Back