Blue Tit

Nice , what made you switch ?
Been thinking about changing for a while and used a mates Sony for a weekend and was blown away with it , 20fps , silent shooting , 693 focus points covering 95% of the viewfinder and focus lock on and tracking system that made my Canon 1DX perform like an antique where just some of the reasons plus its half the weight of the gear I was lugging around . All in all it was an easy decision to make even though I have had Canon gear for over 25 years.

Been thinking about changing for a while and used a mates Sony for a weekend and was blown away with it , 20fps , silent shooting , 693 focus points covering 95% of the viewfinder and focus lock on and tracking system that made my Canon 1DX perform like an antique where just some of the reasons plus its half the weight of the gear I was lugging around . All in all it was an easy decision to make even though I have had Canon gear for over 25 years.

the blackout free shooting is really great for tracking birds. I certainly do envy that!
But I like the high MP count for cropping. can't have everything I guess.

New 1dx is close to focus points plus it has eye focus I believe.

It will probably have eye AF in liveview but you can't use that via. the viewfinder unfortunately due to the mirror.

oh wow! you have gone all in lol :D
In for a penny in for a pound as they say !!!! lol , struggling a bit at the moment with the 200-600mm lens for BIF , keeper rate not as high as suspected but think it could be my hand holding technique as I have always shot off a tripod for years with my Canon gear , but still experimenting with stabilizer modes etc

In for a penny in for a pound as they say !!!! lol , struggling a bit at the moment with the 200-600mm lens for BIF , keeper rate not as high as suspected but think it could be my hand holding technique as I have always shot off a tripod for years with my Canon gear , but still experimenting with stabilizer modes etc

took me a while to get used to it tbh (still not fully used to it on A7RIV, the high res easily shows even the minor mistakes). I was used to shooting with a 100-400mm.
On a tripod I get better results too but its limiting sometimes and I really want to be able to handhold.

took me a while to get used to it tbh (still not fully used to it on A7RIV, the high res easily shows even the minor mistakes). I was used to shooting with a 100-400mm.
On a tripod I get better results too but its limiting sometimes and I really want to be able to handhold.
Likewise I would prefer to handhold for more flexibilty and response for BIF but may have to concede and put the 200-600 mm on the tripod , tried the 100-400mm and got some superb results but its obviously much lighter , will keep experimenting .

Back