South-West England Bluebell fields

I'm afraid we're a long way from Bristol but our garden has oodles of bluebells at the moment, even if some of them are pink!

26532802966_31be0e0abb_b.jpg

Are the bluebells out now?

I'm lucky in that I live not too far from Micheldever in Hampshire, where there are some amazing bluebell woods (apart from having my car broken into last time I was there :mad:) so I might go and have a look at the weekend.

image.jpeg This is up near the university.I took these today at Stanton Wick.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as we're coming up to the bluebell season again soon. Prior's Wood near Bristol is an absolute gem.

Any tips for taking a great photo of a field of bluebells? I guess something else in it to grab the attention would help.

Any tips for taking a great photo of a field of bluebells? I guess something else in it to grab the attention would help.

It's quite difficult, but maybe find a tidy patch of bluebell woodland with shapely trees and frame around those. Dockey Wood and Micheldever seem to be the most well known places, I've never been to the latter but Dockey is quite neat with lines of beech trees. Ideally want a bit of early morning sunlight and as always in the woods mist can help. Already looking forward to the sweet smell

Close ups of a few bluebells with a medium wide-angle from a very low viewpoint so you get the blue carpet effect behind them can work.

Close ups of a few bluebells with a medium wide-angle from a very low viewpoint so you get the blue carpet effect behind them can work.
Good idea, I might try that with some snowdrops if I get the chance.

IMG_1487185204.562598.jpg

Taken at mitcheldever last year

Back